• Site Supporter
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

Congrats!!  Happy planning!

#32 Wifey11511

Wifey11511
    • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hi all!  I'm strongly considering the DRC...my wedding planner at destinationweddings.com has been pushing Karisma but I really like the amenities at DRC for my group.

Does anyone know about the beach at DRC?  The Karisma beaches are all unswimmable and pretty small.  I'd love a larger beach where people can actually swim!

#33 Michele4172011

Michele4172011
      • 194 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

I loved DRC, but I didn't love the service (or lack there of) during the planning part. It would take them 3 weeks or more to answer one question and I just couldn't handle it. I took DW up on their Karisma offers, but I agree, not having the water to swim in was a major negative for me. I found a lot more positives with the string of resorts with Karisma. I would recommend jumping around on this site and taking a look at the forums created for DRC and Karima, you should get a lot of great information. Happy planning and new year!

#34 Wifey11511

Wifey11511
        • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for the input.  That seems very frustrating to not hear back from people for so long!  Hard choice to make...

Best of luck with everything!

#35 irishdonna

irishdonna
          • 83 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

Congrats! I'm getting married dec 2011 as well=)

Originally Posted by KD2011 

Hello everyone,

I am also a newbie and I hope to be married at Dreams Rivera in Dec of 2011!

#36 Maritza919

Maritza919
            • 421 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

Congratulations!! I'm doing my site visit next month. So excited!

#37 TigerLily

TigerLily
              • 201 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie too...this forum has my head spinning (but in a good way : )

Irishdonna & KD2011--have you guys decided on dates yet? It took a while, but we've finally decided on Dec 3, 2011. Can't wait!

Maritza-  Def let us know how the site visit goes- I'm so jealous! Congrats and have a great time!

#38 irishdonna

irishdonna
                • 83 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

lol December 3 as well =) we wanted either the first saturday of december or the last one in november. We might just see each other 

Originally Posted by TigerLily 

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie too...this forum has my head spinning (but in a good way : )

Irishdonna & KD2011--have you guys decided on dates yet? It took a while, but we've finally decided on Dec 3, 2011. Can't wait!

Maritza-  Def let us know how the site visit goes- I'm so jealous! Congrats and have a great time!

#39 TigerLily

TigerLily
                  • 201 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

How funny Irishdonna! You must be super excited too! We bounced around a few dates- we didn't want it to be too close to either Thanksgiving or Christmas, and FI insisted on a Sat so... Dec 3rd seemed perfect- now I'm just hoping for beautiful weather : )  It's out of hurricane season (which we were happy about) but as far a rain, I guess it's pretty unpredictable there...fingers crossed though!!

Good luck! (we have a lot of planning to do, lol!)

#40 irishdonna

irishdonna
                    • 83 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

As far as weather, i've been to Mexico for the last 3 years and always been in Dec and all it's done is sprinkle a bit, so i'm thinking we'll be fine=)

Originally Posted by TigerLily 

How funny Irishdonna! You must be super excited too! We bounced around a few dates- we didn't want it to be too close to either Thanksgiving or Christmas, and FI insisted on a Sat so... Dec 3rd seemed perfect- now I'm just hoping for beautiful weather : )  It's out of hurricane season (which we were happy about) but as far a rain, I guess it's pretty unpredictable there...fingers crossed though!!

Good luck! (we have a lot of planning to do, lol!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users