Blogs?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jessica

Jessica
  • VIP Member
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:46 AM

Does anyone have a blog? Just wondering, I started one in April and kinda of neglected it until the other night when I finally updated it (I blame school and work for my neglect). Anyway, now I'm fascinated with looking at people's blogs (aww, the ways I entertain myself!). Anyone want to share?

In the sake of fairness, you can check out my whole two entries in my blog at the link in the siggy,

#2 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

I have one that I will write on about once a week. This is a good way for some of my out of state friends to keep in contact. Love your blog!

#3 Conster

Conster
      • 39 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:35 PM

My whole family has a blog. Each and every one of us can post on the blog. Its actually kinda fun!! Even my mom and dad use it....they're trying to be more computer literate. I think they really like it because not alot of people have a "family" blog. We can post pics and videos...its fun.
        AWE! What a handsome guy!

#4 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
        • 716 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:41 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Conster
          My whole family has a blog. Each and every one of us can post on the blog. Its actually kinda fun!! Even my mom and dad use it....they're trying to be more computer literate. I think they really like it because not alot of people have a "family" blog. We can post pics and videos...its fun.
          What a great idea!! One of my cousins recently ran across some old photos of my grandparents that no one had ever seen before. She made the suggestion that we try to do something to stay more connected as a family and share news and information--since we've grown so large that we're slowly growing apart.

How did you guys set this up? I think this would be a great idea for our family!

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:47 PM

I agree with Gionne! That sounds like a great idea, Conster. How didyou go about setting it up? My family has a yahoo group that we set up to keep tracking of birthdays and "gift lists", but a blog would be cool.

#6 starfish kate

starfish kate
            • 455 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:56 PM

My grandfather is the youngest of 11 kids so my mother has hundreds of cousins. One of my cousins created this site and it is a great way for all of us to keep in touch. I have a cousin who is in Iraq now and it is a great way for him to keep up-to-date. I'm not sure if it costs anything.

http://easysite.com/cusackfamily
              Kate

#7 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
              • 716 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:03 PM

That's exactly what we need. (I love how it's password protected!)

We were discussing how we really don't know any of the younger children and they don't know us. (There are 19 of us in the first round of neices and nephews.) We would love a place to share news and events

I'm definitely going to look into easysite.com! Thanks so much for sharing!

#8 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:04 PM

Cool site, Kate! I am looking into it now. Perhaps I can set up a family website and have it be a surprise at Christmas or something. We have a new neice in the family, so pics are going to be going around like crazy!

#9 Copita

Copita
                  • 979 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:34 PM

I blog every so often. It keeps the mind clear :)

#10 Conster

Conster
                    • 39 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:42 PM

My sister was the one that set ours up. I think you can just go to www.blogger.com I'm not sure though if you can set these ones up to be password protected. I know ours isn't....but maybe we should look into that.
                      AWE! What a handsome guy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users