Photo

Moon Palace Brides having small weddings

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 luchdiamond

luchdiamond
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

I am having a small wedding ceremony at Moon Palace Resort with 10 guest. I was wondering if their are any other brides that are having small weddings and if so, what did you do after the ceremony?

Thanks for the advice.

#2 Leigh17

Leigh17
    • 339 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

I think in the Review section of the forum there are some reviews from brides who had small weddings at MP, and I think I remember that some of them used their dinner reservation that's included in the package for a dinner after their ceremony instead of having a formal reception. You could go to dinner & then go to the disco with your group after dinner.

#3 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
      • 225 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by luchdiamond
        I am having a small wedding ceremony at Moon Palace Resort with 10 guest. I was wondering if their are any other brides that are having small weddings and if so, what did you do after the ceremony?

Thanks for the advice.
        I am having a small wedding of 10 as well. the good news is you can do a lot since its smaller numbers! we are taking the free tours together as a group, eat together at the restaurants easily! go to the different activities together on the resort (like shows, etc.) it is much easier to travel in small numbers!

#4 luchdiamond

luchdiamond
        • 163 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

Your right. I was debating on paying 400 dollars for a cocktail party. I dont think thats such a good idea. Maybe we will just go hang out until dinner and then the disco.

thanks ladies.

#5 alison15

alison15
          • 356 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by luchdiamond
            Your right. I was debating on paying 400 dollars for a cocktail party. I dont think thats such a good idea. Maybe we will just go hang out until dinner and then the disco.

thanks ladies.
            There are so many bars at MP. If I were you I would just look for a less crowded cocktail lounge that is close to your wedding or dinner site for a cocktail hour. I would check with your WC and maybe they can suggest a place to go to for a few drinks before your dinner.

#6 Leigh17

Leigh17
            • 339 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

I hear the rooftop terrace is a great bar on the Grand Side. I don't think it was open the last time I went to MP (they hadn't finished the Grand side yet in 2007), but the Caribbean restaurant downstairs from it was open & it was great. You could go to the rooftop terrace after your wedding & then have dinner downstairs.

#7 luchdiamond

luchdiamond
              • 163 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:41 PM

Thats a wonderful idea. Then after that hit the club. Thanks a bunch ladies.

#8 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
                • 225 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

we had a small wedding, 12 people and were qualified for the free cocktail reception and we also had the free dinner reception at Arricifes. It was all gorgeous. We went to Los Corporales for the rehearsal dinner. I just asked for two tables seating 6 persons each close together. They got us two tables next to eachother within minutes. Super easy! Moon Palace is awesome and super accomodating! Everything worked out amazingly! So dont worry!

#9 emmag87

emmag87
                  • 161 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Hi glad someone started this thread as I am looking to have around 10-12 guests and was worried about what to do after the wedding.

Thanks for the ideas ladies! x

#10 alison15

alison15
                    • 356 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

It believe you can use your dinner reservation for your group to eat together.  With such a small group and so many different bars you could find a bar that isn't too crowded and have your own little private cocktail hour! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users