Photo

Playacar Palace Resort-Wedding Terrace Photos

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 CamilleA

CamilleA
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

Samnicolerangel - sorry for the delayed response, I am in the middle of moving so have put the wedding planning on a slight hold!!!

I don't have the new wedding co-ordinator's email from PP - I am still waiting on a reponse as Gilberto quit

As for the church - here is Carmita's email, she is the secretary - super sweet but only speaks spanish -

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CamilleA
    Hi Ladies

We are getting married in PDC in Nov and all my guests are staying at PP - we are having the cocktail party there in between the church and reception if you give me your email address I can send you pics...yes you can get married on the beach

The resort is absolutely stunning we just went down this past weekend to do wedding planning and I was soooo happy about the choice of this resort it is so calming and beauitful!! I know that they are extremely busy right now with other weddings going on so that's probably why they haven't gotten back to you - try emailing again or contact the head office
    Camille,

Do you have the wedding coordinators direct e-mail? Also, are you working with a wedding coordinator to organize your ceremony at the church. I don't know where to start...I am set on having a catholic ceremony...and that is mainly why we are leaning more towards being married in Playa Del Carmen. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Selling my Monique Lhuillier Sunday Rose - perfect condition - PM message if interested

#12 melfaybik

melfaybik
    • 187 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hi Steph,

I am looking into Playacar Palace to get married at but am unsure about the different ceremony locations.  Where exactly are you having the ceremony?  Is it the north or south solarium? How many people are you having? Where are you having your reception? Do you have any photos of any weddings that have taken place there?  Thank you so much!

Melissa

Originally Posted by steph71 

Hi Ginger,
      I'm getting married at the Playacar Palace in November (the Picasa Link above is actually mine!) The terrace is lovely and the hotel is perfect for what we wanted - only 208 rooms & within walking distance of 5th avenue. They do have a beach and I believe you can do a wedding on the sand - although, we opted for the semi-private pool deck area - next to the beach, with the ocean in the background. Please let me know if you have any questions!! We were there in January on a site visit.....

Steph

#13 echraide

echraide
      • 152 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by steph71 

Hi Ginger,
        I'm getting married at the Playacar Palace in November (the Picasa Link above is actually mine!) The terrace is lovely and the hotel is perfect for what we wanted - only 208 rooms & within walking distance of 5th avenue. They do have a beach and I believe you can do a wedding on the sand - although, we opted for the semi-private pool deck area - next to the beach, with the ocean in the background. Please let me know if you have any questions!! We were there in January on a site visit.....

Steph

Those photos are immensely helpful Steph. Playacar Palace's photos on their site do not do the resort justice. My only qualm with this resort is that it looks more bland compared to the others. We are also planning on staying 10 nights and I wonder if we'd get bored more quickly at this spot, but I guess its convenience location to the town would help that. Did you feel that the lack of dining options was a deterrent?

#14 MRR16

MRR16
        • 249 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

I am very interested in this resort. Would love to know the vibe during the day at the pools/beach. Have quite a few 20somethings that I am hoping will be entertained.

#15 yakutis

yakutis
          • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

I am so new to this and am looking for a spot in PDC to get married. My dream is El Dorado Maroma but I am worried it is very expensive. Playacar Palace was on my list to check out. Also El Dorado Royale. Has anyone been married there or been to a wedding there. Or even been to any of these? Grand Velas looks nice too.

#16 tabby2011

tabby2011
            • 47 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

Can anyone send me pictures as well of your beautiful wedding at the PP?  I have been trying to get example of pictures that the wedding package provides but i cannot get anything out of them.  I am scared my pictures will not turn out good and then i will cry.  I just want to see portofolios of the photographer that will take our pictures.  They are making it really hard for me to get them, so frustrated.

If anyone is kind enough to send me some of their wedding pictures at PP that their photographer took i will would be FOREVER GREATFUL!!! :)  Or even a link i can look at your pics again FOREVER GREATFUL!!! 

Thank you in advance

Tabby

#17 Katelynfry

Katelynfry
              • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

Did you ever get any pictures of PP? I am so interested, but can't find much!

Originally Posted by melfaybik 

Hi CamilleA,

Can you send me the photos you have of Playacar Palace?

Thank you!!!

#18 adryenneh

adryenneh
                • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

I am getting married at Playacar Palace August 18, 2012.  So excited!  I will be there with a group of 40 friends and family members.  I am a little worried about the fact that it is hurricain season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users