and other brides to be
We were married at EDR on July 3rd, 66 people, and it was a great experience.
1. My first Lomas WC was too slow to respond. I complained to my TA (since she highly reccos EDR) and was set up with a new WC, Sandy. She was great! Huge improvement in response time.
2. I suggest scheduling a series of calls with your WC to work through the details. Much easier. I would follow up our calls with emails bullet pointing details discussed in writing. She would follow up with any outstanding questions. They also provide you a budget tracker/detail sheet that they update with all details as you go through the planning process. You pay just before you leave.
2.5. The on site WC are different, and while they do their best to communicate all details, it's best to have everything written on that detail sheet for you to review with the on site WC when you arrive. (They will schedule a meeting with you)
3. Resort DJ and MC was good. Though they played a couple songs on my DNP list, so don't really bother with that. We gave the MC a timeline and he managed the flow of the evening.
4. Costs for lighting was crazy. We brought our own string lights, set up fees were still pricey but negotiated a discount by offering to leave the decor behind for the resort to use again.
5. I learned that going a la carte V's the packages is the cheaper way to do it. Just pay for what you really care about.
6. We did the beach BBQ and guests raved about the food. They have a big grill on site.
7. I got my hair done by Rafa at the casitas spa and she did an amazing job. During the trial she didn't get it quite how I wanted, then the next day I could tell she thought about it, used a different technique and nailed it. The trial package is worth it, then you have your hair done for the rehearsal night, and gives the hairdresser some time to get to know you and your hair.
8. This is silly, but I found out they delivered multiple full bottles of alcohol to the grooms room before the wedding. My husband didn't request any of it, just showed up! Meanwhile, I requested a bottle of tequila for my room and they said they could only give us sparkling wine. How sexist is that! Anyway, just FYI in case you're worried about drunk groomsmen, or want some booze for your room.
Everyone truly had a great time. Our hashtag is #newlywolfes if you want to check out pictures on FB and Instagram.
Best of luck to the destination brides to be out there!