Color Help Needed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WretchedDeviant

• 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

All right I found my dress, it's champagne, and I LOVE purple. But I want to get some opinions on what would be good together with champagne? Does anyone think purple would look okay? What shade of purple would look good? And what would be a good color to mix with purple and champagne? I'm having a hard time picking this myself. I've looked at Victorian violet with champagne which I thought was pretty but it's also very hard to find that particular shade of purple for anything. I think the biggest issue is finding a color to compliment both the champagne and the violet. But then I also liked plum with champagne. I'm no designer so I find it hard to figure this out. I'm just looking for some extra input or advice.

#2 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

This will help!

The Perfect Palette

Personally, I love plum with champagne, but I'm biased as purple was one of my colours (along with lime green and a touch of blue).
      Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
      Leftover Wedding Items FS:

#3 WretchedDeviant

• 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

That was really simple but really helped, I hadn't seen that website before I found the perfect color combo for what I had in mind. :) Thank you.

#4 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
        • 265 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

I actually am having the same problem expect for my dress is going to be ivory and red and my MOH (only have one person) is wearing champagne so I hope it goes. the dress was going to be red and white but the champagne didnt go with the white but it went better with ivory. My problem is trying to match the MOH and Best man. I hope it all goes if not well we will still have a great time. But I think those colors sound good together. The great thing about weddings is it brings out colors you would never imgiangine together.

#5 penaalba1

• Site Supporter
          • 46 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

My colors are orchid purple and aqua blue. and they look great together. why dont you do the plum like the previous bride stated. go to this link and u can see different combinations- I love this page!!
            Purple | Pretty Chicky

#6 Pinky

• 134 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:52 AM

I think plum would be gorgeous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users