Photo

Aruba Site Visit 5/22/10

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 hat0112

hat0112
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

I will take any information you have for Aruba! I am actually just starting to look into things to do and places to eat for my fianc© and I when we go to Aruba for our 10 day weddingmoon at the Westin.

Do you have any other site visit reviews for Aruba (I tried to search but didn’t come up with anything)?

PS – Thanks for the list of things to do in the other recent thread for Aruba! I heard great things about Kukoo Kunuku.
    Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#2 hat0112

hat0112
    • 1,219 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

Thanks so much for the information! That's why I like the Westin it gives you the option of AI or not. I wanted to give my guests the ability to choose for themselves. We will definitely go out and check Aruba out and I here so many great things about the food too!

Yes, I heard of the Tattoo Party Boat! It is on my Things to Do List.
      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#3 Sheree10

Sheree10
      • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

Maureen I can't wait for your review!!. We're 2.5 months away from our wedding in Aruba. FI and I have never been to the island so I would love your feedback. Enjoy your trip!
        http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#4 MDLady

MDLady
        • 433 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

Maureen - quick question for you. What's the deal with currency? Everywhere that I read says that US$ are widely accepted as well as credit cards and travelers checks. What is the best way to handle $$ to avoid fees and ripoffs by cc companies and banks? I would greatly appreciate your advice :)

#5 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
          • 252 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

Maureen, let me know about the Harely and how you liked it, that would be a great wedding gift for my FI..

#6 Mmack

Mmack
            • 118 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

Maureen,

Hello. You seem to be the go to person for Aruba! Im planning a wedding at the Renaissance in 2011. We are contemplating the last week in August.....pros / cons to that month??

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

#7 MDLady

MDLady
              • 433 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TA Maureen
                Well you have heard it correctly. US Dollars are accepted pretty much everywhere on Aruba. The Aruba Florin is the official currency but I have never had the need to exchange my currency while in Aruba. Pretty much everywhere will accept USD's and also be able to give you change in USD's so there is no worry about getting the wrong change because of it being in florins. Most major credit cards are accepted everywhere as well. You will have to call your credit card company or bank to find out exactly what international fees they will charge. It is a good idea to call them before you leave anyways to let them know you will be using your card outside the country so they don't block the charges for security reasons.

I leave this Saturday and cannot wait to be back on that island. I only wish I was able to stay longer!!!
                Thank you for confirming all this! We are leaving for Aruba next Tuesday so I gotta pack!!!! YAY!!! Enjoy your trip :)

#8 Mmack

Mmack
                • 118 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

HAHA thanks Maureen. Yea I have 2 nieces! We were thinking of the last week in August right before Labor Day. By then all families would likely no be vacationing but getting ready for school?
                  Thanks again!

#9 Mmack

Mmack
                  • 118 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

would likely be**

#10 MDLady

MDLady
                    • 433 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

I have the VZ Storm 2 and didn't even think of bringing it. It's probably less expensive to use the hotel phone. Or buy one of those calling cards or disposable phones where you just buy minutes. I wonder if they have those in Aruba.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users