Photo

would you be happy to receive a digital picture frame?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Lilpaisley

Lilpaisley
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:01 AM

My sister got married last June and they got 3 digital picture frames as wedding gifts...and they didn't even register for one. She couldn't return them because she had no idea where they were purchased...so she and I gathered and scanned all the family pics we could get our hands on and gave one of the extra frames...loaded w/ family photos to my parents for Xmas.

My parents loved it as they had long ago divided up the family photos among us and didn’t have copies themselves. I think they are great and the scanned photos…even those horrible ones from the 70’s looked really good on the frame. I think I want one now.
    Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica - Feb 28, 2009
    http://ticker.7910.o....2EgaXMgaW4.gif

#42 manda0812

manda0812
    • 343 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:56 AM

The jury's out for me.. I find them a bit small

#43 DRbride

DRbride
      • 108 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

We received one as an engagement gift from my FI's father and step mom and we love it!

#44 lambert13

lambert13
        • 901 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:15 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lilpaisley
          My sister got married last June and they got 3 digital picture frames as wedding gifts...and they didn't even register for one. She couldn't return them because she had no idea where they were purchased...so she and I gathered and scanned all the family pics we could get our hands on and gave one of the extra frames...loaded w/ family photos to my parents for Xmas.

My parents loved it as they had long ago divided up the family photos among us and didn’t have copies themselves. I think they are great and the scanned photos…even those horrible ones from the 70’s looked really good on the frame. I think I want one now.
          That is an awesome idea for a Christmas gift for family members. I know my Grandmother would get a kick out of it.

#45 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:17 AM

They are very neat Id love one

#46 Bride010101

Bride010101
            • 1,547 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

I personally love them.

FI and I w/ our respective siblings gave both sets of parents ones from Christmas with a bunch of preloaded pictures. They loved them!

#47 jennyFTB

jennyFTB
              • 138 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:39 PM

I think its a cool idea, I wouldn't mind giving them to my bridesmaids as part of their gift bags i'm putting together....

#48 ginainabottle

ginainabottle
                • 18 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

I took a bunch of engagement photos of my sister and her husband before they got married. I was also kind of stumped when it came to buy them a "wedding" gift (After all of the events leading up to the wedding!). I wanted to get her something different as a part of her wedding gift, so I bought them a digital photo frame. I figured she could display the engagement and wedding photos. My sister said she liked it. I think she had been wanting one.

#49 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 4,513 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:56 PM

My FI got me one for my birthday last year and I love it! He put pics in it and made a CD with 5 songs that goes with it. Maybe you could make her a CD too with some songs that you know she will like and then she can pick the pictures to pair it with. I absolutely love it - and I was SO excited just to open the box!!

#50 SBlake

SBlake
                    • 150 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

I think the digital frames are great. However, if she has a registry, you get her something off of it. If the only things left are really expensive than you could get her the frame. Just a thought!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users