Jump to content

Photo

Riu Palace Cabo RECEPTION!


  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 omsampad

omsampad
  • Newbie
  • 40 posts

    Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

    Monse is fantastic! but they are doing alot of weddings within a week.. 29 days to go!! You must be super excited. What kinds of tips? What is your venue like? Send me a private PM or here and I'll be happy to help.

     

    Are you getting your hair done at Suzanne Morel?



    #22 6ftht

    6ftht
    • Newbie
    • 62 posts

      Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

      Here's a breakdown of our day...any suggestions for when we should start taking pictures? We want to take all our couple/family photos before the ceremony. I'm actually just getting my hair done at the Renova Spa, I've heard GREAT things about Suzanne Morel but I'm trying to limit my "beauty budget" for the wedding:)

       

      5:30-6:00 Ceremony on Beach

      6:00-6:30 Free Cocktail hour at Bar

      6:45-8:20 Dinner at the Steakhouse

      -Order Dinner

      -Dinner

      -Cut the cake

      -Thank everyone for coming and invite over to disco for toasts and dancing.

      8:30-11:00 Pacha Disco (private)

      -Toasts

      -1st Dance

      -Father/daughter & son/mother dance

      -Dancing

      11:00-2:00am Pacha Disco opens to all!!!



      #23 omsampad

      omsampad
      • Newbie
      • 40 posts

        Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

        Great Venue!!!

         

        Wedding  photographer have told me that best time to take photos is late afternoon which is exactly what your doing!! =))) ... Since your already doing the photos with the family before the wedding.. Just a suggestion to take the rest of the bride and groom photos after the wedding when your guest are at the cocktail bar.

         

        I also wanted my wedding at 5pm but was unable to get that time and had it at 2pm which was very hot.. but everything turned out okay.

         

        Excellent choice with the steakhouse!!! They have a gorgeous view facing the ocean/arch on their patio. Just a suggestion - Pacha Disco is  small and would suggest to have your first dance at the Steakhouse on their patio. The view, the sunset and the breeze is for sure an ambience your guest will never forget when you guys have your first dance.

         

        Someone posted this pic from their wedding at bestdestination.com - steakhouse

         

        http://www.google.ca...iw=1440&bih=691

         

        I hope this was helpful.. =) Have a fantastic beautiful wedding!!!! =)



        #24 JenK

        JenK
        • Jr. Member
        • 302 posts

          Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

          Hi ladies! I'm thinking about booking the Riu Palace Los Cabos. If I rented out the mexican terrace or the whole restaurant (depending on how many people come)-do you know where the dance floor is located? Is there enough room for the dance floor if you only have the terrace booked?

           

          Also, I have had conflicting information. If you are renting out the terrace and/or restaurant-is it correct you could pay for both seatings and have it from 6:30-11?

           

          Thanks!



          #25 omsampad

          omsampad
          • Newbie
          • 40 posts

            Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:57 PM


             

            Originally Posted by JenK 

            Hi ladies! I'm thinking about booking the Riu Palace Los Cabos. If I rented out the mexican terrace or the whole restaurant (depending on how many people come)-do you know where the dance floor is located? Is there enough room for the dance floor if you only have the terrace booked?

             

            Also, I have had conflicting information. If you are renting out the terrace and/or restaurant-is it correct you could pay for both seatings and have it from 6:30-11?

             

            Thanks!

             

            Hi Jenk. This is what I got from Monse regarding the Steak House... 6:30pm-11pm they do charge $1000... I am sure you can try to talk to Monse to see if she can just charge you for just one fee.. if let's say you start at 7pm instead? ..

             

            Steak house is shaped rectangular and the entrance is on the left side which will also be the dance floor. ..

             

            -      Steak House: The set up on this restaurant can be separate tables (not more than 10persons per table), a T table (not more than 6 persons per table), a U Shape or a long table for all the wedding group

             

            ·      Linens :white

            ·      Napkins: white, sand, aqua blue, bright yellow, bright blue, silver, black,red 

            ·      SITE FEE:

            500.00site 8:00-11:00PM

                      1000.00USD 06:30-11:00PM

             



            #26 JenK

            JenK
            • Jr. Member
            • 302 posts

              Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

              Thanks so much for that information about the steak house! Does anyone know if the mexican terrace is similar with layout and dance floor location? I'm deciding between the two.



              #27 omsampad

              omsampad
              • Newbie
              • 40 posts

                Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:35 PM


                Jenk I am so sorry.. What I meant was the Mexican restaurant!!!

                Originally Posted by JenK 

                Thanks so much for that information about the steak house! Does anyone know if the mexican terrace is similar with layout and dance floor location? I'm deciding between the two.





                #28 omsampad

                omsampad
                • Newbie
                • 40 posts

                  Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:38 PM


                  Hi 6fth.. so sorry the link I sent you was a pic of san jose mexican restauarant... Steak house is much bigger!!! and very open.

                  Originally Posted by omsampad 

                  Great Venue!!!

                   

                  Wedding  photographer have told me that best time to take photos is late afternoon which is exactly what your doing!! =))) ... Since your already doing the photos with the family before the wedding.. Just a suggestion to take the rest of the bride and groom photos after the wedding when your guest are at the cocktail bar.

                   

                  I also wanted my wedding at 5pm but was unable to get that time and had it at 2pm which was very hot.. but everything turned out okay.

                   

                  Excellent choice with the steakhouse!!! They have a gorgeous view facing the ocean/arch on their patio. Just a suggestion - Pacha Disco is  small and would suggest to have your first dance at the Steakhouse on their patio. The view, the sunset and the breeze is for sure an ambience your guest will never forget when you guys have your first dance.

                   

                  Someone posted this pic from their wedding at bestdestination.com - steakhouse

                   

                  http://www.google.ca...iw=1440&bih=691

                   

                  I hope this was helpful.. =) Have a fantastic beautiful wedding!!!! =)





                  Originally Posted by 6ftht 

                  Here's a breakdown of our day...any suggestions for when we should start taking pictures? We want to take all our couple/family photos before the ceremony. I'm actually just getting my hair done at the Renova Spa, I've heard GREAT things about Suzanne Morel but I'm trying to limit my "beauty budget" for the wedding:)

                   

                  5:30-6:00 Ceremony on Beach

                  6:00-6:30 Free Cocktail hour at Bar

                  6:45-8:20 Dinner at the Steakhouse

                  -Order Dinner

                  -Dinner

                  -Cut the cake

                  -Thank everyone for coming and invite over to disco for toasts and dancing.

                  8:30-11:00 Pacha Disco (private)

                  -Toasts

                  -1st Dance

                  -Father/daughter & son/mother dance

                  -Dancing

                  11:00-2:00am Pacha Disco opens to all!!!





                  #29 6ftht

                  6ftht
                  • Newbie
                  • 62 posts

                    Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

                    I actually visited the Riu Place in February of 09 and we liked the food at the Steakhouse much better than the Mexican restaurant.  It was lots of fried "American" Mexican food instead of anything authentic, it was actually our least favorite restaurant on the property taste wise.

                     

                    I also agree that the Steakhouse is a much bigger restaurant then the Mexican restaurant.  The Mexican restaurant  has an inside section and then an outside terrace and I think they stick most wedding parties on the outside terrace (view of the beach and ocean).  The Steakhouse the whole restaurant if that "open air" feel with the same view of the beach and ocean.



                    #30 JenK

                    JenK
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 302 posts

                      Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

                      Thanks for the info 6fht! I will have to decide between the two! If you just had the steakhouse terrace, do you know where the dance floor is located? I'm mainly worried about lack of space with both the mexican terrace and steakhouse terrace and trying to decide! 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users