Photo

ebredhawk's "way too long" planning thread - Dreams PC/La Barcaza

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
  • 949 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

After constantly watching for new planning threads during my whole planning process, I’m so excited that I finally get to do my own! Plus, today is our legal day, so what better way to celebrate??

A great majority of what I’ve done would have not been possible without the help and support of my Dreams PC and April brides, along with the countless ideas I got from tons of other ladies on the forum.

My FI and I got engaged on Valentine’s Day in 2009, although we’d never really celebrated the holiday before. Apparently the ring was taunting him so he got up early and had his daughter wake me up and get me to come to the living room. With me half-naked in my PJs and the dogs barking at the back door, he asked me to marry him!

My engagement ring and wedding band:
    Click the image to open in full size.

FI’s bands:
    Black tungsten from overstock.com

We also flew our fantastic wedding photographer in to take engagement pictures… here’s a link to that thread: Click the image to open in full size.

Wedding Shoes: Bought these from Express last year… our ceremony is on the beach so no heels for me!

Wedding Jewelry: Since we added the halter strap to my dress last minute, I decided to ditch my necklace and just wear earrings. I bought these Briolette Cluster earrings from Etsy seller lulidesigns: Click the image to open in full size.

Hair pieces: My photographer also has a company that creates custom hair pieces (posh | rebel… Click the image to open in full size.

#2 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

Makeup Inspiration: This is actually one of my BD pics, and I loved what the makeup artist did so much I asked her for the names of everything she used. We picked it all up at Sephora, so this I can have the same look for both the ceremony and TTD.

Old, New, Borrowed & Blue:
      Blue – my BMs, MOH and mom will be writing on the bottom of my sandals in blue marker
      New - dress, jewelry, etc.
      Borrowed – the silver travelling starfish from this thread: Click the image to open in full size.

Flower Girl Dress: Purchased from Gap Kids. We gave the girls coordinating flip flops in their bags.

Bridesmaid Attire: They have each picked out their own black dress. When they were looking, favorites included all of the convertible dresses from VS. They are so flattering!

They will also wear these black flip flops from dessy.com: Click the image to open in full size.

Groom Attire: Fedora is from Express, shirt is a white Kenneth Cole shirt (the picture shows a black shirt), shorts from My Cuban Store and flip flops from Old Navy

Groomsmen Attire: They will be wearing the same flip flops and shorts as the groom, but with this black shirt

#3 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
      • 949 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

Wedding Party Gifts: The bridesmaids got makeup bags that I designed and bought the fabric for and my mom’s friend made, the starfish necklace they will wear in the ceremony (purchased from Kohls) and tank tops that I made on Customized Girl. Flower girls got cinch bags with goggles, aviator sunglasses, hats, their flip flops for the ceremony, a disposable camera and their necklaces for the ceremony (the pink, orange and green beads, made by FI’s aunt). The groomsmen got flasks and “I’m On a Boat” tshirts (not shown, but purchased since our reception is on a boat)

Mom & Dad Gift: The one thing I didn’t take pictures of. We got only my mom and dad presents because they paid for pretty much everyone to go and we felt that it was important to pay tribute to that. We got my mom a 3-opening collage frame from Kohl’s and included a picture from their wedding, one of my brother and SIL from their wedding and then an opening for one from ours. We got my dad a shirt from Tommy Bahama to wear in the wedding.

BD Pics & Book: Again these fabulous pictures were thanks to the work of my photographer (Eyespy). She also made me a book that I didn’t take pictures of, but this is a link to the thread with some of the pictures: Click the image to open in full size.

FI bout

BM bouquet

My bouquet

#4 nmurch

nmurch
        • 396 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

GORGEOUS ring, and super cute planning thread. LOVE your hair picture!!!

have a FAB wedding

<3
          jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#5 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
          • 949 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

Flower girl pail & petals: The petals are from weddingstar.com (cherry blossom), and I also purchased white pails from Click the image to open in full size.

Chair sashes: Purchased for $1 each from Click the image to open in full size.

Ceremony: Beach ceremony. We’re using the huppah instead of the standard arch, and not including any decorations besides the simple white fabric that already comes on it.

Officiant: Pastor Rick York. He has been great to work with and he let us completely customize our ceremony. Here’s his mission’s website: Click the image to open in full size.

Reception: The reception is going to be held on La Barcaza which is a catamaran that sails along the coast of Punta Cana. They will be picking us up at the resort, driving us to the boat, we’ll cruise for 3 hours and have food, an open bar and dancing, and then get driven back. The WC there is incredible and I HIGHLY recommend them! Click the image to open in full size.

other vase

“Guestbook”: This is in quotes because it’s not technically a book. We bought a map of the DR from maps.com and will have our guests sign this at the reception.

Information Book: My pride and joy is this book that I made and had printed for each of our guests. I attached it so everyone can see it as well. It is a compilation of all sorts of information I learned here as well as on the Dreams forums. There are several of our guests that haven’t travelled by plane recently, let alone internationally.. so I call this one “wedding micromanaging at its finest”!

OOT Bags and Contents: We had our bags custom embroidered with our stargazers and “Punta Cana, Dominican Republic”. Each bag (one per couple or single person) also included:
            -2 blue towels (from Click the image to open in full size.

Wow! I am so glad I have been planning this thread for so long, otherwise that would have taken me forever! Hope you enjoyed looking at 14 months worth of work! It’s really neat to see it all together like this! Hopefully the wedding and trip will come together just as smoothly!

Attached Files

#6 Cindy*

Cindy*
            • 2,655 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

Everything looks great, congratulations.

#7 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
              • 2,528 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

yay Erin!!! Your planning thread rocks, cant wait for the review! You bought the immodium at Costco, did they come in individual packets? I'm having a hard time finding this one!
                Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#8 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                • 949 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

nat, they were in boxes of 50 indi. packs i believe. my mom found them and i have no idea how.. she was my OOT bag magician. she made things i didn't think existed materialize out of thin air!

#9 Eliana

Eliana
                  • 676 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

ERIN LOVE your wedding planning thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so original, so different! I can't wait to see the pics from your wedding!

#10 KimmyD

KimmyD
                    • 351 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

Great Planning Thread!!! Cant wait to see your pics and review. Thanks!
                      http://global.thekno...rs/tt4304d.aspx
                      28 Booked + Bride & Groom
                      78 Room Nights!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users