• Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

#181 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

That is funny...and so true!!  :P

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

With the amount of money I am spending on photography - you better believe I will be sharing pictures with anyone willing to look at them!!

#182 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Ladies -  I want to bounce an idea off of you and see what you think:

I am thinking of passing out bubbles with the programs on the chairs at the ceremony and having the guests line the aisle and blow bubbles as my then husband and I walk back down the aisle.  I was thinking that would make for great pictures with the sun setting.

What do you think?

In order for that to happen, I think I will have to tie a small tag to the bubble with some wording to let the guests know (unfortunately it is to late to put it on the programs as they are already made).  Also I was thinking of writing into the ceremony for the officiant to say something between "you may kiss the bride" and "I now pronounce you man & wife".

Can you think of any wording for the tag or the officiant? 

My only ideas:

TAG:  "After the husband kisses his wife, blow these bubbles to celebrate their new life" 

OFFICIANT:  "You may kiss your bride.  Now may I ask all of the attendees to stand and line the aisle and fill the air with bubbles to celebrate this new union."  [recessional song (which has a 30 sec intro) plays while guests line up] "I now pronounce you man and wife."

Any thoughts would be appreciated! 

#183 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
      • Banned
      • 630 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

I was just wondering if that tag saying is too "cutsie"?  So here is another option...much more to the point:

"Fill the air with bubbles as Paul & Courtney walk down the aisle"

or

"Fill the air with bubbles asthe new Mr & Mrs walk down the aisle" 

Ladies -  I want to bounce an idea off of you and see what you think:

I am thinking of passing out bubbles with the programs on the chairs at the ceremony and having the guests line the aisle and blow bubbles as my then husband and I walk back down the aisle.  I was thinking that would make for great pictures with the sun setting.

What do you think?

In order for that to happen, I think I will have to tie a small tag to the bubble with some wording to let the guests know (unfortunately it is to late to put it on the programs as they are already made).  Also I was thinking of writing into the ceremony for the officiant to say something between "you may kiss the bride" and "I now pronounce you man & wife".

Can you think of any wording for the tag or the officiant? 

My only ideas:

TAG:  "After the husband kisses his wife, blow these bubbles to celebrate their new life" 

OFFICIANT:  "You may kiss your bride.  Now may I ask all of the attendees to stand and line the aisle and fill the air with bubbles to celebrate this new union."  [recessional song (which has a 30 sec intro) plays while guests line up] "I now pronounce you man and wife."

Any thoughts would be appreciated! 

#184 angi111111

angi111111
        • 108 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:32 AM

Our ceremony is set for 3:30pm ~ recommended by our WC to allow for good picture taking time. She suggested not going past 4pm. Our wedding date is 11-11-11 .... hope that helps!

Question:  what time is your ceremony?

I want to have a sunset ceremony for 2 reasons

1)  I think it is romantic and the pictures will be gorgeous

2)  it will be closer to dinner time, so the wedding can flow from ceremony through to the reception without a break (we will take our bride & groom pictures before the ceremony, including a staged "first look")

Looking online, on my wedding date in Cancun, sunset is supposed to be 5:10pm.  Currently my ceremony in set for 5:00pm.  Do you think there will be good lighting for pictures throughout the ceremony?  Or do I need to move the ceremony up to say 4:45pm?

Thanks for your advice

Courtney

#185 angi111111

angi111111
          • 108 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

I love the first one! Cute!!  

I was just wondering if that tag saying is too "cutsie"?  So here is another option...much more to the point:

or

bubbles.png

#186 sxcT

sxcT
            • 1,282 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

Very cute idea!!  I really like the first one.  Its supposed to be "cutsie"!! 

or

bubbles.png

#187 edub007

edub007
              • 47 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

I think this sounds adorable and I don't even see a need for the officiant to say anything more. Great idea!

#188 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                • 860 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

We are using "Bubbles of good wishes for the new Mr. & Mrs.!"

#189 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                  • Banned
                  • 630 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

Ooh - that is a good one too.  My fiance will think I am nuts for making yet another set of tags!

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

We are using "Bubbles of good wishes for the new Mr. & Mrs.!"

#190 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                    • 860 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:35 PM

I havn't printed out any tags yet, but wondering what everyone has used to cut of their tags? I ordered extra large square and circle punchers online but they are WAY too small. Are you hand cutting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users