Photo

The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1281 biehnbag

biehnbag
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

The entrance to the pergola isn't very "grand" you come around a corner of the festival/ carnival restaurant terrace. The aisle has two steps down to the pergola.

As for mosquito's....they suck. I did not have a huge zit on my cheek on my wedding day, but I was covering up a huge mosquito bite! Not pretty :( But it's just one of those things you can't control...I wasn't about to wear repellant on my face all the time.  

#1282 11-11-11Bride

11-11-11Bride
    • Banned
    • 140 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

i guess the entrance isn't what it's all about. And just for the record, I didn't notice your face 'bite' :)

I'll be sure to pack bug repellent for everyone.

#1283 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

I hope there are no mosquitos at the end of April!

#1284 11-11-11Bride

11-11-11Bride
        • Banned
        • 140 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

I just did a search for Mexico and found good info about the Temp, Rain and Bugs...check out the link and see what it says about your wedding date :)

http://www.travelyuc...era_weather.php 

#1285 lisadias

lisadias
          • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

Great site thanks! No mosquitos for me!!!!! YAY

#1286 all the love

all the love
            • Site Supporter
            • 133 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Hello all you Jade brides. I'm wondering if any of you have negotiated a group rate for rooms directly with the hotel?  If so, who did you talk to and how did the process go?

Thanks!

#1287 lisadias

lisadias
              • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

I didn't go throught he hotel but I think the group coordinator is Patricia. If you call the hotel and ask for her they will put you through.

#1288 lindzee602

lindzee602
                • Site Supporter
                • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year!  It's been quite a while since I've last posted.  I figured that I didn't want to make myself crazy planning over the holidays, especially after reading how slow the response rate has been.  I would have gone nuts!  But now I'm back and in full planning mode.  I see we have a bunch of new additions - Welcome!!! 

Also, THANK YOU!!! to all of the brides who have gotten married in November and December for posting your reviews, pics, and planning.  I don't know how I would do this without your help.  I may be reaching out to you with questions. 

I've finally gotten through all 127 pages of posts and most of my current questions have been answered.  I still am wondering though about flowers.  A while back one of the brides used an outside vendor and received great prices.  Has anyone else looked into this? 

Lindsay - July 2, 2011

#1289 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hi Lindsay

I emailed her and it took a week to get my first response, then I sent her an email with a detailed documents on all flowers with pictures that i wanted to get a price quote on over two weeks ago and no response. I re-emailed her again a couple of days ago and still nothing. I tried to call the number on her website and it didn't go through so i don't know what to tell you. i am waiting for her response to send my flower requests to the hotel cause i want mostly orchids and i think the resort is going to charge me an arm and a leg. Her first email to me was that she can do my flowers and then some pics of flowers in the colors I liked but then nothing! Concerns me that it takes her so long to respond. Maybe she is getting pricing from her supplier but at least respond to let me know!

Lisa

#1290 jacqjade

jacqjade
                    • 36 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Hi ladies! Could someone please send me the wedding book also. I am really close to booking this hotel! jacq.jade@gmail.com Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users