The Now Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
2366 replies to this topic

#1281 biehnbag

• 29 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

The entrance to the pergola isn't very "grand" you come around a corner of the festival/ carnival restaurant terrace. The aisle has two steps down to the pergola.

As for mosquito's....they suck. I did not have a huge zit on my cheek on my wedding day, but I was covering up a huge mosquito bite! Not pretty :( But it's just one of those things you can't control...I wasn't about to wear repellant on my face all the time.  

#1282 11-11-11Bride

• Banned
    • 140 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

i guess the entrance isn't what it's all about. And just for the record, I didn't notice your face 'bite' :)

I'll be sure to pack bug repellent for everyone.

#1283 lisadias

• 1,116 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

I hope there are no mosquitos at the end of April!

#1284 11-11-11Bride

• Banned
        • 140 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

I just did a search for Mexico and found good info about the Temp, Rain and Bugs...check out the link and see what it says about your wedding date :)

#1285 lisadias

• 1,116 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

Great site thanks! No mosquitos for me!!!!! YAY

#1286 all the love

all the love
            • Site Supporter
            • 133 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Hello all you Jade brides. I'm wondering if any of you have negotiated a group rate for rooms directly with the hotel?  If so, who did you talk to and how did the process go?

#1287 lisadias

• 1,116 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

I didn't go throught he hotel but I think the group coordinator is Patricia. If you call the hotel and ask for her they will put you through.

#1288 lindzee602

• Site Supporter
                • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year!  It's been quite a while since I've last posted.  I figured that I didn't want to make myself crazy planning over the holidays, especially after reading how slow the response rate has been.  I would have gone nuts!  But now I'm back and in full planning mode.  I see we have a bunch of new additions - Welcome!!! 

Also, THANK YOU!!! to all of the brides who have gotten married in November and December for posting your reviews, pics, and planning.  I don't know how I would do this without your help.  I may be reaching out to you with questions. 

I've finally gotten through all 127 pages of posts and most of my current questions have been answered.  I still am wondering though about flowers.  A while back one of the brides used an outside vendor and received great prices.  Has anyone else looked into this? 

Lindsay - July 2, 2011

#1289 lisadias

• 1,116 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hi Lindsay

I emailed her and it took a week to get my first response, then I sent her an email with a detailed documents on all flowers with pictures that i wanted to get a price quote on over two weeks ago and no response. I re-emailed her again a couple of days ago and still nothing. I tried to call the number on her website and it didn't go through so i don't know what to tell you. i am waiting for her response to send my flower requests to the hotel cause i want mostly orchids and i think the resort is going to charge me an arm and a leg. Her first email to me was that she can do my flowers and then some pics of flowers in the colors I liked but then nothing! Concerns me that it takes her so long to respond. Maybe she is getting pricing from her supplier but at least respond to let me know!

#1290 jacqjade

• 36 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Hi ladies! Could someone please send me the wedding book also. I am really close to booking this hotel! jacq.jade@gmail.com Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users