Photo

Reception

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 delnel24

delnel24
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

What's everyone doing for your reception? Was just deciding if I want to do the reception or just reserve tables at a restaurant. Any advice? Sandals Negril Bride.

#2 Josie1073

Josie1073
    • Banned
    • 103 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

We will be at Sandals Negril in December for our wedding, and we are just going to one of the restaurants after the ceremony. It will only be 6 of us, and quite honestly, I don't understand paying $75 per person plus table fees, if you want them all to match your particular MS wedding theme, when food and drinks are included in the resort. I guess for larger weddings, you would need a reception since they can't reserve tables for large parties. My FI and I are saving to buy a house after the wedding, so we are going as simple as possible at the resort, except for our rooms - at both Sandals Negril and Sandals Whitehouse (our honeymoon site) we reserved concierge level rooms! Plus, we are having a reception back home. Hope this helps :)

#3 Julie H

Julie H
      • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

We are getting married a Beaches Negril May 8th and have 27 guest coming. We've decided to do the 3hr reception with the steel drum band for the first hr and a DJ for the last two. We kept the BB package but are adding green cimbidiums to that. We are not having a reception at home so we wanted it to be really special for us and our guest coming.

#4 Laur13

Laur13
        • 179 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

we are getting married in RMaya and we are having a BBQ beach dinner reception on the sand with a DJ and a dance floor! so excited :)

#5 Jamaican_Smile

Jamaican_Smile
          • 31 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

We just got back from our wedding at Sandals Negril and I have to say that we are SO glad we did the 2 hour private reception dinner. We had a large group (34) so getting a table at the restaurant wasn't even an option. The staff did such an amazing job and I dare say that the food was even better than what you would get in the restaurant. The only thing that we added was the lantern decor from the Flutter of Romance package and we're so glad we did! It was beautiful.

Check out the pics here

Let me know if you have any questions!

#6 kelly1214

kelly1214
            • 92 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

We're getting married in Beaches Turks and Caicos next month and having 17 people total. We're doing a dinner at one of the restuarants. We were considering doing a private reception but I wanted to give my family the options of picking their own food.

#7 Julie H

Julie H
              • 53 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

Congrats! Your pictures are so good. You look amazing!

#8 JenniferNicole

JenniferNicole
                • 234 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

We are having about 29 people coming and decided to do the 3 hour reception since we can't make a reservation for a group that big and we are getting a DJ and fire dancer for it. I am SO excited!

Jamaican Smile- Your pictures are beautiful. Congrats!

#9 delnel24

delnel24
                  • 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Laur13
                    we are getting married in RMaya and we are having a BBQ beach dinner reception on the sand with a DJ and a dance floor! so excited :)
                    How much is this option??

#10 delnel24

delnel24
                    • 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jamaican_Smile
                      We just got back from our wedding at Sandals Negril and I have to say that we are SO glad we did the 2 hour private reception dinner. We had a large group (34) so getting a table at the restaurant wasn't even an option. The staff did such an amazing job and I dare say that the food was even better than what you would get in the restaurant. The only thing that we added was the lantern decor from the Flutter of Romance package and we're so glad we did! It was beautiful.

Check out the pics here

Let me know if you have any questions!
                      Wow! I'm really impressed! I wasn't even thinking of upgrading the theme now I might! These are beautiful pictures. Did the resort take all your pictures?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users