Moon Palace and Food Poisoning???

Hello all,

I am still trying to pick a resort for my DW, and I have been reading a lot of reviews on tripadvisor about bad food at Moon Palace. I was highly considering Moon Palace because of the carraige ride and how beautiful it it, but I probably read 20 reviews on tripadvisor of people getting sick and ending up in the hospital with food poisoning from the food at the resort. Has anyone else heard of this, or people they know have had this problem?

i read the same reviews on trip advisor. you should ask on the mp 2010 forum....there are a bunch of brides that were just there. my theory is that every singe person from a large group got on and each wrote a bad review about the food troubles....so it looks like a ton of people, but its really just one bitter group.

I would also suggest that you check any forums posted by Moon Palace Brides from 2007-2009, since they've already been to and experienced the resort. The MP 2010 forum is great, by the way, and the brides are very active on this site. I'm learning alot from their dialogue. Many of them have wedding dates later in the year, so I don't know how helpful they could be on this particular issue.

I've always heard that stomach illnesses were a risk for travel to Mexico in general. I'm not so sure that it's the resort in particular.

I was there 2 years ago, and nobody got sick in my group either. The food was actually good, and they have a huge selection. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it, you could get food poisoning ANYWHERE! OMG I loved the room service too soooo good!!!

I'm not concerned at all- you can get food poisoning at your local McDonald's or Subway not to mention any other local establishment or even in your own home. Yes - Mexico is a riskier locale, I've only been to Mexico 2 other times and I've never had a problem. :)

Guest iluckie

I have eaten in every corner in Mexico and I have never got sick or poisoned, bad luck for some and good for others but you can get sick or poisoned anywhere.

I too was a bit worried, like the previos poster said i definately thing a couple of the reviews were from one group of people. You can get sick anywhere in the world you just have to be sensible like drinking the bottled water and having them cook the food in front of you, beware of food which looks like its been out a while and avoiding meat thats on the bone. ive never been ill and ive been all over europe and the carribean. its a fabulous hotel so dont let it put you off. I figure some people just see the bad in everything!!

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I really love this property, so we will definatly not scratch it off of our list. And I know a lot of people get sick in Mexico because they drink the water and blame it on the food. I was just worried because there were a lot of complaints about this.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I hope this email can reach you before your wedding.

We came back yesterday from 5 days at the Moon Palace. I got very bad food poisoning. The resort's doctor saw me and prescribed several medicines (around 3 am). At 7 pm, talked to customer service and asked to go to a hospital. They refused to pay for neither cab or hospital. I got to the hospital with grade one dehydration, pretty bad shape. I asked for all kind of test ... guess what, parasite found on my stools. Diagnostic from another two doctors: food poisoning. They made me stay there for 10 hours because I was in very bad shape.

I went back to the hotel, explained the situation to the manager ... they've done absolutely nothing. They don't want to recognize cases like that. We are on our way to create a website where to put all the lab results, doctors diagnosis, evidences, everything. My wife didn't get food poisoning because she is vegetarian and skipped the parasite.

Please feel free to contact us if you need more information. As soon as they plane landed in Houston I went to the hospital. They put me in a more severe treatment (metronizadole) to kill the parasite. I hope this can help, it is our goal to help many other people so they don't find themselves in the same situation.