Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ekcmexico

What are your wedding favor ideas

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohshek View Post
We gave guests maracas picked up from downtown Playa del Carmen for our December 2009 wedding in Mexico. I made tags and tied them to the maracas with ribbon. Everyone really liked it and took them home.

Custom-made maracas are nice but it can take up quite a bit of luggage space. If your budget allows personalization, that will be a nice personal touch. smile72.gif
do you remember about how much it cost for the maracas? we are looking to do the same and i'm trying to figure out the budget.

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I do remember. We paid 360 pesos for 36 maracas (about USD $0.75 each). Another bride mentioned getting a good bargain for USD $0.50 a piece but I didn't have any luck finding a vendor that will offer that deal. Most of the stores are selling them for USD $1 and some for more. Hope this helps.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight24 View Post
do you remember about how much it cost for the maracas? we are looking to do the same and i'm trying to figure out the budget.

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are made of dried shells (e.g. coconut), hand-painted on the outside and come in different colors. It is a neat wedding favor and can really shake things up at the reception. Also a great souvenir!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcmexico View Post
were they wood or handpainted maracas? Also how big were they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohshek View Post
Yes, I do remember. We paid 360 pesos for 36 maracas (about USD $0.75 each). Another bride mentioned getting a good bargain for USD $0.50 a piece but I didn't have any luck finding a vendor that will offer that deal. Most of the stores are selling them for USD $1 and some for more. Hope this helps.
thanks so much for letting me know. that's not too bad priced...and cheaper than ordering them beforehand, packing them and bringing them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure thing! You are very welcome.

 

I just went through my pictures and found the stores. Here's the approximate location:

 

At the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Calle 1 SUR in downtown Playa del Carmen.

 

This is close to the ferry pier to Cozumel. At the intersection, head North on Calle 1 SUR and check out the vendors along that street for a good bargain. Good luck! wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight24 View Post
thanks so much for letting me know. that's not too bad priced...and cheaper than ordering them beforehand, packing them and bringing them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×