Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lastminutecouple

Any January 2011 Brides

Recommended Posts

Thanks Pam! They look pretty similiar but I think I prefer the Parrot Bar. Have you decided which one you're picking? I guess it would depend on how many people are attending...

 

Lisa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBBride View Post
Thanks Pam! They look pretty similiar but I think I prefer the Parrot Bar. Have you decided which one you're picking? I guess it would depend on how many people are attending...

Lisa
i like the parrot bar just a little bit more as well - although, the wet bar has a covered area right near the bar in case it rains which could be handy.

but it really is in the numbers!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked both bars... Depends on the size of your group I guess since the wet bar is suggested for bigger groups. I do like the idea of the rain cover at the wet bar as it rained probably 3/7 evenings we were in Punta Cana. Tough choice though as they are both nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacd View Post
I am also a Jan 2011 bride... but I am getting married at the Gran Palladium...has anyone heard anything about it?
Congrats! When's the special day? I've had a coworker stay there once and she loved the resort- said the food and service was really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh right! The rain factor! Does anyone know what they do in case it does rain? Would there be a tarp or alternative location?

 

Also, what time does the sun set in January in DR? I'm just trying to finalized my ceremony time (3 vs 5 pm)...not sure which one would be bettter for photos?

 

Lisa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBBride View Post
Oh right! The rain factor! Does anyone know what they do in case it does rain? Would there be a tarp or alternative location?

Also, what time does the sun set in January in DR? I'm just trying to finalized my ceremony time (3 vs 5 pm)...not sure which one would be bettter for photos?

Lisa
if it rains and you are having a private dinner, they have a ballroom type room.

if it is just for your reception, there is a Sports Bar which has lots of room for dancing..

and for the ceremony, you could do it in the gazebo if you have a teeny wedding, or there is a covered type area in the main building where some weddings are held (i don't know what it is called, but i have seen pics)..

FI and i have decided that we will get married on the beach, rain or shine! if the forecast is rainy, we will go out and buy everyone umbrellas, but are getting married on that beach! :)

we are only having a symbolic ceremony, so lastnight we were talking about when to actually have our legal day, and now i am super excited!! we have decided to have it on our 4 year dating anniversary (Nov 24th) - it is a tuesday, but we don't care!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamphilia View Post
if it rains and you are having a private dinner, they have a ballroom type room.

if it is just for your reception, there is a Sports Bar which has lots of room for dancing..

and for the ceremony, you could do it in the gazebo if you have a teeny wedding, or there is a covered type area in the main building where some weddings are held (i don't know what it is called, but i have seen pics)..

FI and i have decided that we will get married on the beach, rain or shine! if the forecast is rainy, we will go out and buy everyone umbrellas, but are getting married on that beach! :)

we are only having a symbolic ceremony, so lastnight we were talking about when to actually have our legal day, and now i am super excited!! we have decided to have it on our 4 year dating anniversary (Nov 24th) - it is a tuesday, but we don't care!
I'm planning on having the ceremony at the gazebo so hopefully it can fit 40ish people. We're also doing a symbolic ceremony- will do it officially here in September to allow enough time to change all our i.d. and passport over to our new legal names. I think ours will be a weekday as well, but it'll be super low key b/c we want the wedding in DR to be the real deal.

I'm debating now between having a private reception or doing one at Jellyfish. It actually might be a bit cheaper and it seems like the decorations are better? I guess I will have to price everything out and see!

Lisa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×