Photo

Barbados???????????

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Diva

Diva
  • 682 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

Same with us, to avoid the residency requirement and all of that brouhaha we are doing the courthouse thing like the week before, but not exchanging rings or the other wedding night stuff (may be TMI). We are doing the "traditional" vows at the courthouse, and writing our own for our wedding in the DR, which neither of us will see beforehand. So there will be a fresh excitement in the DR because we will hear vows that the other person wrote, get rings, and have a "honeymoon"

#12 Sheree10

Sheree10
    • 1,026 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

I've been to Barbados. What a beautiful island! The people are so friendly. My friends and I took the bus into town and I was standing up. The person sitting in front of me asked of I wanted her to hold my bag. Being from NY I thought she wanted me to move by bag out of the way. Everyone was always so courteous and genuine.

The island was on our list but it is somewhat expensive. If it's affordable for you and your guests then go ahead!
      http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#13 rperalta930

rperalta930
      • 9 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

I am getting married in Barbados and wanted to know if anyone knows any make up artist that I can go to while I am there

#14 JanineA

JanineA
        • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

I don't know a specific artist but I do know there is a MAC store in Cave Sheppard so perhaps you can enquire about having one of their artists do it. Or you can always ask your WC for the hotel you are marrying at who they suggest.

#15 PrincssScorpion7

PrincssScorpion7
          • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by rperalta930
            I am getting married in Barbados and wanted to know if anyone knows any make up artist that I can go to while I am there

Which resort are you getting married in?

#16 rperalta930

rperalta930
            • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PrincssScorpion7 View Post
              Which resort are you getting married in?
              I am getting married on carnival Cruise and they dont have any make up artist.

#17 Pixie36

Pixie36
              • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:00 PM

Hi ladies!

I am getting married in January 2011 in Barbados! Yay!! I think PrincssScorpion7 that you have made a fine choice!!!  I only have less than 4 months but the place I am getting married is absolutely fantastic!!!. The wedding coordinator is soooo helpful. I disagree that it's expensive there. There are so many options you can choose from. It depends on what you want.

We do not have to have any documentation from home before we get married there. We checked with our local registry. Just call the local department and they'll be happy to let you know if you need any extra documentation,etc.

We are going to be 3 days before our wedding and we do not need to be there a long time for a waiting period.

I hope this helps!!

#18 PrincssScorpion7

PrincssScorpion7
                • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

Thanks for the info. We are going 2 days before the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users