ROR Help Needed - Getting Married in 3 Weeks

Thank God for this site. I still have lots of unanswered questions, but at this point, I think Ill wing it once I get there..lol.....I think for the most part we all tend to over analyze things the closer we get......you wouldnt believe the questions I have lol-Id like to call up Chandlyn and chat for at least an hour lol......

I opted not to do the sand ceremony-seems like the thing to do...but I just cant be bothered with worrying about getting the sand back to the room and getting it back home....one less thing to worry about..............but thats just me now.....

I think you should totally go with the free package...I mentioend here earlier that in order to change your packge you must contact the weddings depart in mexico-or atleast thats what Chandlyn has me do last week......Ill just upgrade the champagne..we re big drinkers lol..and maybe my flowers...not worried about the cake at all.......the only other plus of the royal was the free upgrade, in our case-we re already booked and paid for the jacuzzi suite....I think I just booked the royal cause I looked at the number of guests, but really-doesnt matter......

We'll do the private reception after the semi private dinner...15 per personf or set up-but Im wondering if you pay another 10 per person for the open bar......

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Future Mrs Coleman, good point about bringing glass vase on the airplane. They ARE much stricter now.

I also want to add for all Canadian brides, before planning a sand ceremony please speak with Canadian Customs. I called and they said that sand is no longer allowed to bring back into the country. I'm not sure if the guy was referring to regular sand or the sand that is used in these ceremonies. The customs agent told me that it was a newer law in place so you might want to check so it isn't taken away when you arrive back to Canada. For me, like Marie, I just can't be bothered so I'm foregoing this part in the ceremony and replacing it with the blessing of the hands ceremony instead.

sweetluna - Thanks for the heads up about not being able to bring sand back to Canada. I had no idea at all it would even be a problem. I recently found a nice verse for the sand ceremony and was set on using it for our sand ceremony but I guess I'll have to scratch that idea out. I'm so disappointed!

I tried to e-mail the wedding department in Mexico three days ago to change my package from the Royal Package to the Free Package and they still haven't e-mail me back. I am using the original e-mail I used to book the package ([email protected] and [email protected]). Does anyone know if these are the correct e-mail addresses or have they changed? Does anyone know what the minister's fees and documentation fees are in Jamaica? I am just wondering if getting the free package and paying for all the extras will end up costing close to the same as the Royal Package.

Thanks Hiccups! I finally contacted the sales department in Mexico at the e-mail address you gave me and they responded quickly. This is what they said: the "free" package is $350, the minister's fees and documentation is an additional $300. The extra cake is $5 extra per slice and champagne is $15-$20 per bottle. We switched to the Free Package from the Royal Package because I think it will save us about $400-$500. I am so thankful I found this website and realized we could do that. I thought we just had to pick the package that was the closest to the number of guests we had.

I think I finally have all my questions answered. For anyone who is interested and who has a 2:00 wedding, this is our game plan for the day.

Hair appointments: 10 am-noon

Get ready in room and have photographer come to take some pictures: noon-2:00

Ceremony: 2:00

Steel drum band/pictures: 2:30-3:30 (or later if the ceremony is later). We are going to do the first dance, bouquet toss and garter toss during this time.

Bar/go back to rooms to change/guests free time: 4:00-6:30

Dinner: 6:30-8:30 or 9:00

Beach party that is put on by the hotel: 9:00-whenever

We are not doing a private reception because many of our guests don't drink and not many dance so we don't want to pay for a bartender and DJ that we won't use. We are just going to tell our guests to go to the beach party if they want. We will already have done our first dance right after the ceremony so I don't really care about having a private reception. Plus, our guests will have been doing "wedding stuff" from basically 2:00 until whenever dinner is over (around 8:30 or 9:00). That is a really long day. We don't want to make them feel obligated to come to the private reception for several more hours if they are tired.

I hope this helps!

You're welcome!!

Sounds like a good game plan you have there!

Be sure to write a review when you get back and definitely let me know how the beach party works out for you and your guests as I'm planning to do the same instead of paying for a private reception!!

Ok, so now I'm seriously confused about this point "the "free" package is $350, the minister's fees and documentation is an additional $300." This is the first time I've heard of an additional $300 fee. I understood the $350 INCLUDES minister fee AND legal fees.

So, does this mean that the "free" package is actually $650 with documentationhuh.gif?? If so, my TA has some serious explaining to do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Maureen View Post
Ladies, the Free Wedding Package 2010 Includes the following for FREE:
* On-site wedding coordinator to help plan the special day
* Decoration set up for the ceremony location
* Bridal Bouquet and matching boutonniere for the groom
* CD or recorded music during the ceremony
* Semi private dinner for the wedding group at one of our specialty restaurants
* Wedding cake for 20 people
* Sparkling wine for 20 people (during the main toast only)
* Surprise spa gift
* Ten percent discount on all spa services for bride and groom

MINISTER OR JUDGE SERVICE, LEGAL DOCUMENTATION & FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED.

So that is where the $350.00 comes from.

Yes, that's how I understood it to be and how I've been planning all along but I got nervous that the sales department apparently told Future Mrs. Coleman "minister's fees and documentation is an additional $300"