Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#761 greysgirl

greysgirl
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

Brady-  What a great choice you have!  They both are gorgeous!

I made a fatal bride mistake and tried on more dresses AFTER I'd purchased a dress.  Grrrrr.  And of course, fell in love with another dress.  This was my 1st choice:  http://watters.com/p...des&showid=2559

I loved the way this dress felt.  It was English net, and I loved how flowy it was.  But, I couldn't get the other dress out of my mind.  I stumbled onto this dress by complete accident.  I had worked all night on call at the hospital, was exhausted, wearing the same scrubs I'd been in for 26 hours, and had to stop by a Best Buy to get a new Iphone holder.  So on my way out of the Best Buy store, I noticed a new bridal store just adjacent to it.  I walked in and saw my dress...and had to try it on.  I loved it.  It is completely unlike my 1st dress, but I couldn't get it out of my mind.  I thought about it for a month and went back with one of my best friends to try it on again.  When I came out of the dressing room, she started tearing up and said, "Darn it!  I was hoping I'd hate it because I liked your 1st one!".  So, I became a 2 dress bride.  This dress is not beachy.  But it's completely me.  And my FI will love it.  I can't wait to see his face with me in it:)

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

#762 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:55 AM

Greysgirl that dress is gorgeous, what did you first dress look like?

#763 Teira1031

Teira1031
      • 766 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:57 AM

your first dress is so pretty but i absolutely LOVE your second dress! Looks like it was made for you body! what are you going to do with your original dress?

Originally Posted by greysgirl 

Brady-  What a great choice you have!  They both are gorgeous!

I made a fatal bride mistake and tried on more dresses AFTER I'd purchased a dress.  Grrrrr.  And of course, fell in love with another dress.  This was my 1st choice:  http://watters.com/p...des&showid=2559

I loved the way this dress felt.  It was English net, and I loved how flowy it was.  But, I couldn't get the other dress out of my mind.  I stumbled onto this dress by complete accident.  I had worked all night on call at the hospital, was exhausted, wearing the same scrubs I'd been in for 26 hours, and had to stop by a Best Buy to get a new Iphone holder.  So on my way out of the Best Buy store, I noticed a new bridal store just adjacent to it.  I walked in and saw my dress...and had to try it on.  I loved it.  It is completely unlike my 1st dress, but I couldn't get it out of my mind.  I thought about it for a month and went back with one of my best friends to try it on again.  When I came out of the dressing room, she started tearing up and said, "Darn it!  I was hoping I'd hate it because I liked your 1st one!".  So, I became a 2 dress bride.  This dress is not beachy.  But it's completely me.  And my FI will love it.  I can't wait to see his face with me in it:)

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

#764 Lua

Lua
        • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

greysgirl - i just LOVE the dress you ended up with!!!

in order to avoid making the mistake of trying on anymore I don't even let myself watch say yes to the dress anymore!!! LOL not until after the wedding

#765 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:35 AM

LOL, thats too funny Laura! I surprisingly havent even watched say yes to dress in quite a while although I do love that show!! Its very addicting.

#766 Brandy

Brandy
            • 2,628 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

Anyone doing a guestbook? And what are you doing? I cant decide on what I want to do!

#767 Lua

Lua
              • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

ooo i'm totally doing a guestbook!! i'm doing a whiteboard version -- I actually saw the idea on here somewhere and LOVED it!  i'll try and find a link

#768 Lua

Lua
                • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

here we go! (that was easier than i thought)  I'm doing this:

http://www.bestdesti...photo-guestbook

i just LOVE the idea of having the pictures of all of our guests on the night of our wedding. :)

i've seen whitboards at the dollar store so i'm just going to pretty one up and bring it south with us and then also have it at our AHR. :)

#769 Brandy

Brandy
                  • 2,628 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:49 AM

Thats too cute! Who are you having take the pictures?

#770 Lua

Lua
                    • 1,231 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

I'm not sure yet, but we'll figure it out! :)

Originally Posted by Brandy 

Thats too cute! Who are you having take the pictures?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users