Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#391 Brandy

Brandy
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:07 AM

Yep I agree, Im more sweets than salty, you can put a bag of potatoe chips in front of me and it wouldnt phase me, now put a thing of cookies in front of me and Im gonna have at least one! LOL

You def have to trick your mind and start giving other healthy sweet things, fruit helps with my sweet cravings and that low fat sugar free jello pudding is pretty good too!

#392 Lua

Lua
    • 1,231 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:07 AM

on a more wedding related note - I've decided that I'm going to attempt making my own bouquet with silk flowers.  I really want my bouquet to have my colour (turquoise) in it, but the choices for the free bouquet at my resort don't really measure up to what I want.

Anyone else going to make their bouquet??

#393 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

ooo let us know how it turns out, my boquet comes with the package.

#394 Lua

Lua
        • 1,231 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:14 AM

the nicest one that comes with my package (we're doing the free wedding) is made up with purple and white flowers.. and then baby's breath that i find cheapens the look.

so I came across this which i'm going to use as inspiration except i don't want green flowers, but white... my challenge will be to find blue gerbera daisies now!

AquaCitrusGerberaAmaryllisBridalBouquetSide.jpg

#395 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:19 AM

Gorgeous! They have the blue gerbera daisies on save on crafts.com they have a "robins egg blue" and a "tiffany blue"

Turquoise Robins Egg Blue Gerbera Daisies (3" flower head) $2.99 each / 12 for $1.89 each

Tiffany Blue Turquoise Silk Gerbera Daisy12 for $11.88 ($.99 each)

and these really pretty blue orchids

Preserved Natural Blue orchid flowers (30 flowers) for $10.99

#396 Lua

Lua
            • 1,231 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:22 AM

ooo i like those orchids!!!

thanks! :)

i'm going to keep my eye on Michaels' around here, but I may purchase online instead. Even though I wouldn't need 30, $10.99 is still WAY cheaper than $140 for an already made bouquet

#397 Brandy

Brandy
              • 2,628 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

Yeah tell me about it, they told me a minature version of my boquet for a BM would be $400.00!!!!

And your never gonna guess how much this seashell bout it.......

bout.jpg

$40.00!!!!!

#398 Lua

Lua
                • 1,231 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:30 AM

$400 for a mini version!!!!??! :o wow...

it's amazing how much those places like to charge isn't it?

that's why i'm trying to do as much diy was possible.  i like the idea of making my own bouquet too because then i can bring it home (can't bring real flowers back into the country) and display it at my AHR :)

#399 Brandy

Brandy
                  • 2,628 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:40 AM

Yeah its insane! I never thought about that, displaying it at your AHR, thats a good idea, looks like I wont be able to do that, Im hoping I can at least bring the shells home, my boquet is orchids with seashells in it and I got a blue starfish jewel to put in it.

img_descrip_04.jpg

#400 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
                    • 563 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:09 AM

Are any of you ladies looking to make/bring your own centerpieces as well?  If so, any worries about transporting in your suitcase(s)?

I just can't justify paying hundreds for a few centerpieces, but am still trying to find alternative options that will be easy to transport.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users