Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#3121 lisadias

lisadias
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

hahahaha where the hell is that place anyway lol I watch the show all the time but somehow don't know where it is!!!

#3122 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

it is in NYC

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#3123 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

I feel exactly like you Mocha. I am settling and that is not at all what I wanted for my wedding dress.

#3124 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
        • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

Somewhere in Manhattan? I watch it too, hoping to one day see a dress I love.

#3125 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

Lisa, we both waited a long time to find the perfect man, he deserves to see us in better than "meh" dresses.

#3126 Lua

Lua
            • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

mocha - when are you coming back home???   (and Lisa for you too) .. there's a store in Toronto, near Yorkdale (I forget the name, but i'm trying to find it online right now for you) ... anyway every dress in the store are only $250!  They are NEW just end-of-the-line older dresses going back to i think 2008 collection. Apparantly the store is set up into sizes. So you go to your size and see what they have.

I had actually planned to go buy my dress there, but ended up in Port Perry first where I found mine and bought it on the spot.

#3127 lisadias

lisadias
              • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

Oh then, when is the trip to NYC lol I totally would too! That is the crazy part!.

You are right we waited longer than most and if I don't feel great in that dress on Saturday I am on the hunt for another one!

#3128 Brandy

Brandy
                • 2,628 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

Ok, why do you feel like you settled???

Let me ask you this....out of all the dresses you tried on the one you bought is your favorite right?  There comes a time when you just have to STOP looking.  I know I always felt like well there are so many dresses out there to try on why should I stop, the thing is you do have to stop or you will only confuse yourself.

#3129 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

I think I know the store you are talking about Lua and the dresses are horrible! It's in the same building as Windsor Bridal.

#3130 Lua

Lua
                    • 1,231 posts

there's also The Bride's Project in toronto that's worth checking out.  Most are used dresses, but all in perfect condition.  the big plus here is all proceeds from the sales go to breast cancer research.  http://www.thebridesproject.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users