Photo

April 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6539 replies to this topic

#3061 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

I've never been completely on board with my dress. I just told myself to stop looking unless I had the time to go shopping. And of course, I never did and now I know it's too late to order from a bridal shop.

The sad thing is, when we went to the bridal show I showed FI the dress I originally thought was ideal but my mom hated, and of course he really liked it. And even worse, I didn't even really like that one either! I'm so indecisive. What do you girls think of my dress for TTD? Do you think it will photograph well in the water?

Thank goodness that I love my reception dress!

#3062 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

OH my goodness Tisha! Thats just nutz!!!!  It almost doesnt sound right though! Have you tried calling and talking to someone else.

#3063 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

OH Mocha I know it sucks being indecisive, Im right on the same wagon as you!!! It will drive you crazy girl!

I really like your dress and I think it looks amazing on you, but if you arent happy with it, then you should get what makes you happy!! Its your day it only happens once!  I thought you were going to trash you reception dress though?  I think your dress would photograph well in the ocean and on the beach, so what are you considering getting then, if you go buy a sample somewhere?

#3064 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
        • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

Tisha, So sorry you are going through this drama now. Do they have to verify the age of the girls? Maybe you could just try to sneak them in as under 12? That seems like crazy pricing $190pp/night!

#3065 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

I know it does and I cant believe they consider 12 an adult!!!!!

#3066 kitty25967

kitty25967
            • 320 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

Ha I found a dress I loved online and bought it (knock off) on DH Gate for $99 (that price included shipping!)  It was made to my measurements.  The dress is really pretty, however, it made me a little "boobalicious" (I have a small waist and I am petite, but I have ta-tas :) )  After 2 fittings, I still wasn't completely comfortable b/c I didn't want people thinking "boobs" when I walk down the beach.  Luckily I ordered ITso early that I was able to find another dress.  Thanks to a wonderful mom for helping me out on my budget & buying my ceremony dress.  I plan on wearing the original dress for my TTD and feel it is prob more appropriate for that. I love my new dress.

#3067 Ellabaja1983

Ellabaja1983
              • 1,541 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:12 AM

Tisha, that is crazy!  I can't believe they see children over 12 as an adult either, wow...  Like it was suggested before, I'd try to call someone and actually talk to them.  Craziness!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#3068 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
                • 899 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

Yeah, the price is now $1100.00 more than had been expected.  I emailed the lady and told her to show me in the form my mom got back where it says additional persons are charged at a higher rate.  We'll see what happens.  I don't go down without a fight!

#3069 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

Lisa, I think it will soon be easier for us to just order a bunch of dresses from Monica Bridal and then sell the ones we don't like.

Brandy, It just sucks to not be excited to wear my dress. There was a Pronovias one that I liked so I'm going to try to go to that store over the weekend and see if the sample is available because it did fit. And still, I only liked it.

#3070 Brandy

Brandy
                    • 2,628 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

Yeah keep on them! It just sounds strange!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users