Sign in to follow this  
Tennyt1

April 2011 Brides

Teira, Im glad to hear it went well, and that you had fun!!! I cant wait to see some pictures!!! I know they will look hot!  Oh and how did the extensions work out for you?

Teira-  I'm glad the BD shoot was so much fun!  Can't wait to see your teasers;)  I'm sure you were smokin' hot!  I agree that $200 is expensive for 30 min for that chuppah, but if you reallllly want it, $200 is justifiable I think.  It's the same about as going out to eat three times in a month!  That being said, the good news about beach weddings is that they provide their own scenery and don't need tons of decor. 

On that note, I think we've decided to do a purple orchid flower ring as our only decoration for our wedding.  I love purple orchids, and thank GOD they grow everywhere in Hawaii!  Finally!  Something that doesn't cost tons of money in Maui!!  LOL

We also bought FI's suit last night here in town.  We lucked out b/c he just picked a nice Perry Ellis linen suit off of the rack and it fit!!!  It only needs to have the sleeves taken up about an inch.  We decided to scrap the tie idea and are just going to find him a nice purple shirt to wear under his suit.  Do you girls think purple would work, or should we do white?  He'll just wear the tie we bought him at our AHR.  Also, where have you ladies found nice leather flip flops for your FI's?  Brandy, I think I just gave you a couple shopping tasks.angel1.gif

Do any of you have I-phones?  I downloaded this fun app called Big Day Lite that you can customize to count down to any big day.  It's free...which is nice with all of the flames coming out of our checking accounts lately.  I checked it this morning and we're getting married in 64 days!!!

Thanks so much mochamakes3!!! That advice was awesome.... I just wish I had seen it before I left! Lol! Oh well I know for next time! The kits were a dollar each and we only needed 26 so it wasn't too bad.

Meggers - What else did you buy? I still have to do all that shopping.

Teira - I think that $200 is worth it if you have color on the chuppah. It will be in so many of the pictures. Otherwise, consider bringing your own fabric for the resort to drape across the bare chuppah? I'm not sure how much you would need, but you might be able to resell it afterwards?

greysgirl - I'm so jealous of your orchids. I love orchids, but they are always sooooo expensive. I saw a picture on here of chairs decorated with orchids, gorgeous.

How was the game?  Who played??  FI is a huge Canadien's fan!  We went a few years ago (because I'm about 45 - 60 minutes away from Montreal).  I've been trying to find reasonable tickets since, but they are impossible to find!

Originally Posted by Lua View Post

Hi ladies!

just popping in to say a quick hello! i'm actually on a train to Montreal right now (going to the hockey game this aft) and the wifi on here is horrible!!!!!!!

hope you all  have a great weekend! we'll talk monday :)

Hi Girls...Happy Superbowl day! Today is the 2 month mark of our wedding day! Yay!!!! Time is really flying! :) How are all you girls doing in the working out dept? Thanks to all of you I am on a roll..today is day 11 straight workouts! Woo! Only 53 more to go...iyiyi....I dont feel like Ive lost anything yet but I know that if I just keep toning I will see a difference atleast by the trip! Feels so good to be on track again! Now if I could just love my dress! lol

Teira so glad you loved your photoshoot! Cant wait for pics :)

Have a great Sunday girls!!!

Okay ladies, it took me over two days to finish reading everything.  It's been so busy on here since Friday afternoon when I was on, that I had over 100 posts to read! 

Meggers - Welcome!!! 

Teira - I'm glad you loved your BD shoot!  Yay!!  Are you going to share at least one teaser picture with us when you get them?

I thought I'd share... with the change we made for our reception dinner (and doing a private dinner), it now means we have to do a seating chart and therefore place cards.  I had one of my bridesmaids over last night to work on those.  I just have to add a flower that I'm putting on the cards.  I'm just trying to decide if I should wait to glue the flowers to the cards when I get to Mexico or if I should do it here.  I'm thinking if I use a glue gun, they should make it through the transport to Mexico...

I'm also going to try to print out my iron-on transfers for the OOT bags.  I bought the paper yesterday!