Sign in to follow this  
AishaB

Possible Destination Decision - Bonnet Island Estate

So we have been going back and forth about a venue for the wedding for a while. I considered all of the pros and cons (thanks to the ladies on the forum for their wonderful advice). Alas, Mexico is out but I think we have found a happy impasse. I love this place. It is really out of what I wanted to budget but hey, I love it and everyone who we want to attend can attend. All we are doing now is crossing our fingers and hoping we get our date.

Has anyone been married here?

Bonnet Island Estate - Your Own Private Island for your Wedding

Yeah it is such a great place, and all the reviews I've read says its spectacular. One bride said it rained on her wedding day and her wedding was still the best day of her life and she would not have had it anywhere else.

I will definitely keep the forum posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AishaB View Post
So we have been going back and forth about a venue for the wedding for a while. I considered all of the pros and cons (thanks to the ladies on the forum for their wonderful advice). Alas, Mexico is out but I think we have found a happy impasse. I love this place. It is really out of what I wanted to budget but hey, I love it and everyone who we want to attend can attend. All we are doing now is crossing our fingers and hoping we get our date.

Has anyone been married here?

Bonnet Island Estate - Your Own Private Island for your Wedding
I went to a wedding there last April. The estate is beautiful!!! It rained on my friend's wedding day today but their ceremony was very romantic with the rain in the background. My FI and I looked into it for our wedding but it was around $25000 just to rent the island in high season. They also built a brand new building on another island down the block called the Mallard House. Looks beautiful!! Best of luck!

Thanks Tracy. That is the same thing that I have been worrying about the price to get married there. It is just so much. I did learn about Mallard House through Wire and I have been checking it out. I have to wait until the FI comes back into town for us to do our visits so we can decide together. Having it at the Estate of course will be beautiful but that is also a down payment for a house. So we have decided to look elsewhere. So I am back to being destination less once again!

I never went to see the venue because i heard of the price tag associated with it. My FI's cousin wanted to get married there but in the end her father put the kabash on it. She ended up having hers at the Crystal Point Yacht Club in Point Pleasant.

It really is a beautiful venue though.

Have you looked at the Skylands Manor? It's a beautiful "castle" set in botantical gardens in upper NJ. I don't know what the pricing is but in the same line as BEI, you are pretty much secluded and there are overnight rooms on the property.

Skylands

Oh thanks Pazzesca, I will definitely check it out. I have all but ruled out Bonnet Island at this point. I don't think we will be able to afford it. I appreciate your help.

Aisha- sorry to hear about Bonnet Island being out. If you're still set on a beach wedding in NJ I think you can rent out a house on the beach in LBI. I'm pretty sure I saw something about in a wedding mag. There's always Cape May. I've never been so I have no recommendations. The Skylands Manor is gorgeous!!! Good luck with your search!

Are you set on having it at a beach? There is a really nice place at one of the Finger Lakes in NY. It is right on the lake, and the view is AMAZING! Belhurst is a castle and has a great restaurant.

Welcome To The Belhurst Home Page - Belhurst Castle - Finger Lakes, Hotel, Accommodations, Belhurst Castle

My fiance and I stayed there a couple of years ago and did a wine tour around Seneca Lake.