Wedding Review - Westin Los Cabos

Weâ€re back from our wedding in Cabo. It was absolutely amazing and exactly what we wanted. For those contemplating a destination wedding….. just think about this - On the day of our wedding I layed out by the pool and relaxed half the day before going in around 2:30 to get ready for our 5:30 ceremony. No running around crazy all day and being exhausted at our wedding. We actually enjoyed our wedding and were able to spend time and have fun with our 40 guests.

Sunset Dinner Cruise – We did a sunset dinner cruise for everyone on the Friday before the wedding. I went with Sunrider because it was so highly recommended on this site. Mario is fantastic and they completely lived up to and exceeded the great reviews others have given them on this site. They were so much fun. This was the hit of the weekend and was a great value. We paid $1800 for 38 people and 2 kids. Plus we left a big tip because the crew was so wonderful!

Our wedding was held at the Westin Los Cabos and Juan Pablo Colmenero was our wedding coordinator. I really liked the Westin. The location was beautiful, resort was clean and nice. I will say that the resort was very quiet and at less than 50% capacity according to the staff but that made it even better four our group. It might be an entirely different place had it been full. The wait staff and bartenders were great. Our upgraded room was amazing. We had a hot tub and bed on our balcony! And almost every day we had some surprise in the room, rose petals, swans and other animals made out of towels, complementary champaign one night, wine and fruit the next. I travel to a lot of hotels around the world for work and I must say our room was one of the nicest Iâ€ve stayed in, especially considering we only paid $189 per night. Plus with we got starwood credit for everything we spent at the hotel (wedding package and our room) so I have enough starwood points to cover a few free nights at a starwood hotel in Scotland for our honeymoon this summer. A definite advantage to using a chain hotel.

We had our ceremony on the “On The Rock†terrace overlooking the beach. Iâ€m really glad I went with the terrace instead of the beach. It was a beautiful view and we didnâ€t have to worry about the sand or my grandparents getting down to the beach. Our reception was on the bugambillas terrace and was perfect. We spent a week at the resort and after seeing all the location options, I donâ€t think I would have made a different choice. Both sites were stunningly beautiful. The food was great. We went with the filet and the baja fishermanâ€s sampler and I heard nothing but complements on both.

Francisco Estrada was our photographer. He was wonderful. We only paid for the hour package that came with the Westin wedding package and that was plenty of time. He took pictures during the ceremony and afterwards on the terrace. We even had plenty of time to go down to the beach and take lots of pictures on the beach at sunset. He was so quick and got some really great shots. I couldnâ€t believe it when he left us the cd and the video with all the photos just three days after our wedding.

Jennifer Hatton with Cabo Dessert Diva was amazing. The cake was beautiful. She made it look exactly like the photos I sent her. I canâ€t express enough how great she was to work with.

Our only complaint about anything the entire week we were there was the front desk staff at the Westin. They were not friendly or accommodating. On three different occasions they tried to put our guest with 3 or 4 people to a room in a room with a king size bed and a roll away bed. I complained several times since these guests booked more than a month in advance and were charged the extra $40 per day for having more than 2 people to a room. My complaint to them was that they either needed to refund the $40 per night or give the guests 2 beds. Considering that we were spending a significant amount of money at the resort with the wedding and 46 room nights, the least they could have done was apologize and try to offer something to fix the situation. They did nothing until I contacted Juan Pablo and had to get him involved. Then they miraculously found rooms with two beds. Very annoying.

Other than that one issue everything was perfect. I would recommend a destination wedding to anyone. My fiancé and I said over and over how it was exactly what we wanted. Now if we could just do it every year!!!

• 1 year later...

I had an amazing wedding at the Westin in May 2011. If you are planning a destination wedding-- I recommend the Westin. Juan Pablo Colmenaro was my wedding planner, Maira Gallegos, and Luis Martinez helped plan my wedding as well because it was so large (300 people). The service was excellent, the food was good, the entire staff was amazing and I could go on and on. My guests said it was the best wedding they had every been to and they all complimented the service as mush as I just did! Los Cabos is an amazing location for a wedding.