LF: sand ceremony frame

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 purpleshells

purpleshells
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:41 PM

Hi guys,

I know there are already a few threads about sand ceremony frames, however, some of the links do not work, and I am not willing to DIY it, I saw one on amazon for 25$ but with shipping it was close to 100$ no thanks, anyone know where you can get one in Quebec?

I especially like the ones where the photo is in a different window(frame) than the sand.

#2 punkie569

punkie569
    • 255 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:11 PM

I bought mine from Urbane Gift & Decor and the shipping wasn't bad at all. I think in total the frame with shipping was just under $40. This is the one I bought.

Urbane Online Store-StoreFront Product Detail Page

Also after I bought it if I signed up with their facebook group they would send a rebate. I got 10% off just by joining the group. It was great. This was by far the best price I could find for Canada. Good luck!
      Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#3 purpleshells

purpleshells
      • 338 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

is the photo in a seperate glass, away from the sand?

#4 BeachBride10

BeachBride10
        • 169 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

This is the one I got... there is some DIY involved though, need to glue glass together and something else. I have the instructions I can post on here if you'd like. I got mine at Kohls for $9.99 but I found the same frame on amazon for $25.00

Amazon.com: Umbra Ether 10.5 X 8-Inch Frame, Espresso: Kitchen & Dining
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt1cd71.aspx

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#5 carolina24

carolina24
          • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by punkie569
            I bought mine from Urbane Gift & Decor and the shipping wasn't bad at all. I think in total the frame with shipping was just under $40. This is the one I bought.

Urbane Online Store-StoreFront Product Detail Page

Also after I bought it if I signed up with their facebook group they would send a rebate. I got 10% off just by joining the group. It was great. This was by far the best price I could find for Canada. Good luck!
            this is the one that is out of stock on amazon!!! yay thank you for posting. hopefully the shipping to US wont be crazy :) :)

jstar83: these frames have 4 panels of glass so the pic would be on a different panel. you do have to DIY it a little bit, ie glue a couple of the glasses into the frame so that the sand doesn't come out of the sides, but it's really easy. several of the girls on here have done it and it turns out really nicely.

#6 punkie569

punkie569
            • 255 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:22 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by carolina24
              this is the one that is out of stock on amazon!!! yay thank you for posting. hopefully the shipping to US wont be crazy :) :)

jstar83: these frames have 4 panels of glass so the pic would be on a different panel. you do have to DIY it a little bit, ie glue a couple of the glasses into the frame so that the sand doesn't come out of the sides, but it's really easy. several of the girls on here have done it and it turns out really nicely.
              Glad to be of some help. I hope it works out for you. I really love the frame and I'm sure you will too.

I haven't glued the glass in place yet but I'm sure it will be pretty easy to glue 2 pieces of glass in place. I think the hardest part will be getting the glue :)
              Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#7 JenniferNicole

JenniferNicole
              • 234 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

Carolina- I was looking for that same frame too.. however it looks like that Urbane store does not ship to the US, I did find this though ether frame - Desk - Espresso - Umbra Store - Manufacturer of Houseware Designs (hopefully the link works). Hopefully this helps!!

#8 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:05 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jenjbug
                  Carolina- I was looking for that same frame too.. however it looks like that Urbane store does not ship to the US, I did find this though ether frame - Desk - Espresso - Umbra Store - Manufacturer of Houseware Designs (hopefully the link works). Hopefully this helps!!
                  oooo yay!! thank you sooooo much! did you buy it from them??

#9 JenniferNicole

JenniferNicole
                  • 234 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

Yeah I just ordered it though, hopefully it'll be here soon! I'll let you know when I get it!

#10 carolina24

carolina24
                    • 1,573 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

i ordered mine last night...was afraid it'd be sold out again lol! cant wait to get it :) thanks again for the find!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users