Jump to content

Photo

November 2010 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#331 Mrs.S2B

Mrs.S2B
  • Jr. Member
  • 169 posts

    Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:32 AM

    We just got the ok from our WC that we can use our own bracelets instead of the hotel's bracelets....so everyone can identify each other.  FI actually wants to help make them! 



    #332 MysTea

    MysTea
    • Member
    • 559 posts

      Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:53 AM



      Originally Posted by Boo 



       


      Congrads on the baby news, very exciting! although I am sure that adds a whole new stress to the planning. I am with you, I definitly enjoyed parts of the planning proces and will surely miss planning once its all going to be over, I mean really what to do with the countless hours of free time? ha ha, but then again it will be great to talk to FH about something other than bottle labels or the colour of my clutch (ha ha yes these are my two projects for the morning)

       

      In terms of how close we are, I am with you ladies, I shift from feeling like we are on track to being completely and hopelessly behind. The other thing that is sorta dawning on me, is we came up with a budget, and I know I made huge efforts to stick to it but to be honest I have to idea where I am at, and with this push to finish off things I kinda am starting to care less about the price tag of things. We are both not looking forward to the debt that its adding though.

       

      Have a great morning everyone!
       


      Thanks BOO!
      And at least you FI has some input on ANYTHING!! even if its the color of bottle labels...LOL..we are down to the wire, and as soon as SEPT hits Im sure we will feel it even more.
       

      Originally Posted by angelov321 

      Congratulations Mystea!!!! Thats great news!! :D

      Thanks angelov321! Im super Excited!!! 2010-2011 is looking really good for me!


       

      Originally Posted by JanineA 



      Congrats my sister from another mother!!!!! What wonderful news...a baby!!! I'm sure it will be a little bit more stressful but what a joy! Did I tell you I'm going back to school to study nursing....I actually want to work in NICU and with newborns! LOL! We are always linking in some way you and I. Congrats again hon! I'm so happy for you.


       


      Thanks Janine!!

      We are more alike that we know! I actually currently work at a hospital as an administrator!! Crazy!

      Wow congrats on the baby!  I've kind of hit a planning wall too...I like doing all the diy stuff but at the same time I miss having free time to just read


      Thanks lyndsay_h!

      Read?! who has time for that? other than to read our BDW updates!! j/k

       

      Good luck with Planning everyone!, Im sure soon enough we will all be scrambling to get our last minute items and check off the bulk of our To Do's...WE are almost there Ladies!!!!!!


      **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

      #333 JanineA

      JanineA
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,482 posts

        Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

        MysTea I swear we are definitely sisters from different mothers...lol! How is your pregnancy coming along. Sending light and love your way and to baby. How is the planning coming?



        #334 MysTea

        MysTea
        • Member
        • 559 posts

          Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:09 AM



          Originally Posted by JanineA 

          MysTea I swear we are definitely sisters from different mothers...lol! How is your pregnancy coming along. Sending light and love your way and to baby. How is the planning coming?

           

          Well while I had hopes that I would have little or no severe pregnancy symptoms....I have been plagued by the morning sickness bug...its quite aweful...Its like Im uber excited but the pain and nausea is no joke! I keep telling myself that I have to endure the worst parts to get to the better end...My little sweetpea!! But aside from baby being on the brain for the last few weeks...I havent really thought too much about the wedding...im like ugh...I want the planning to be over already..

           

          I am still getting last minute RSVP'ers and I still have to do my oot bags ( I already have all of my templates ready for print and what not)...In mid sept I will have to go and get my dress altered because I will def. be bigger than I am now....I feel like I have a ton of crap to do which I have to have completed by no later than the beg of OCT....UGH..but im just all around happy and excited the way things are going right now...


          **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

          #335 aquakama

          aquakama
          • Newbie
          • 2 posts

            Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:51 PM

            November 27, 2010, Puerto Plata, DR



            #336 JanineA

            JanineA
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,482 posts

              Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:05 AM


              I hear ya on the slowing down on planning. I think I have finally hit a wall! I am still excited, but I just feel like I need a little bit of a break. I still have to order my water bottles and the OOT bags themselves which I am going to get from discountmugs and I am just waiting for them to have another 20% off sale. They currently have a 10% off sale this week.....I'm gonna wait. I still have to go try on my dress to see if it needs any alterations, but I haven't been able to find any time, because after being away from my house for 2 months........LORD! 3more months to go...can you believe it? I haven't seen NicoleDeb around in a while, I wonder how things are going with her. 

              Originally Posted by MysTea 



               

              Well while I had hopes that I would have little or no severe pregnancy symptoms....I have been plagued by the morning sickness bug...its quite aweful...Its like Im uber excited but the pain and nausea is no joke! I keep telling myself that I have to endure the worst parts to get to the better end...My little sweetpea!! But aside from baby being on the brain for the last few weeks...I havent really thought too much about the wedding...im like ugh...I want the planning to be over already..

               

              I am still getting last minute RSVP'ers and I still have to do my oot bags ( I already have all of my templates ready for print and what not)...In mid sept I will have to go and get my dress altered because I will def. be bigger than I am now....I feel like I have a ton of crap to do which I have to have completed by no later than the beg of OCT....UGH..but im just all around happy and excited the way things are going right now...





              #337 MysTea

              MysTea
              • Member
              • 559 posts

                Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:34 AM



                Originally Posted by JanineA 


                I hear ya on the slowing down on planning. I think I have finally hit a wall! I am still excited, but I just feel like I need a little bit of a break. I still have to order my water bottles and the OOT bags themselves which I am going to get from discountmugs and I am just waiting for them to have another 20% off sale. They currently have a 10% off sale this week.....I'm gonna wait. I still have to go try on my dress to see if it needs any alterations, but I haven't been able to find any time, because after being away from my house for 2 months........LORD! 3more months to go...can you believe it? I haven't seen NicoleDeb around in a while, I wonder how things are going with her. 


                 


                Hmmmm... Yeah I have to order some things as well, chair sash's, table runners, sand ceremony vase which I have been putting off because I want it, then  I dont, then I do..... We still have some time...are you doing the OOt's before u go or when u reach?


                **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

                #338 JanineA

                JanineA
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,482 posts

                  Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

                  I put together my survival kits before but everything else I will put into the bags when I get there. Quite a few of my guests will be arriving before FI and I, which I don't know if I should just ask for their rooms numbers and deliver them in person when I get there or what? Alot of our guests get there Wednesday around noon. We get there Wednesday night around 9pm. Urgh! You sound like me with my veil....one minute I want one....next minute I don't. I am so undecided.



                  #339 beachbum2010

                  beachbum2010
                  • Newbie
                  • 73 posts

                    Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

                    Hello Ladies!!

                     

                    I am gettting married on November 19, 2010 at Dreams Punta Cana.

                     

                    I think most of the things that I can plan at this point are done -wedding date and resort is booked, STD's are gone, invites gone, trip is booked, dress is purchased with shoes, wedding ceremony location and terrace for reception is booked.

                     

                    I have 25 people booked so far and expecting 15 more to book.  I have started to purchase some things for the wedding and reception.  I ordered hand fans for people to use during the ceremony and will have one placed on each chair.  I have disposable camera's with a wedding/beach them on them for each of the guest tables and I am doing a beach bag with goodies for the wedding party and shot glass favors for guests.

                     

                    I do have a few questions if anyone can answer.

                     

                    I wanted to put some decoration or wrap the chair in something, roughly the same colour or shade as my bridesmaid's dresses.  Does the resort have that type of thing, or do I need to bring it??

                     

                    I am also wondering what to do about my hair...I know I will have to get it done there, but I have no idea what the hairdressers can do.  Is it worth going through a trial run here at home and taking a lot of pics or just going and hoping for the best when I get there.

                     

                    Any help or suggestions would be wonderful....

                     

                    Thanks Ladies!!

                     

                    Happy planning



                    #340 MysTea

                    MysTea
                    • Member
                    • 559 posts

                      Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:56 AM


                       

                      Originally Posted by beachbum2010 

                      Hello Ladies!!

                       

                      I am gettting married on November 19, 2010 at Dreams Punta Cana.

                       

                      I think most of the things that I can plan at this point are done -wedding date and resort is booked, STD's are gone, invites gone, trip is booked, dress is purchased with shoes, wedding ceremony location and terrace for reception is booked.

                       

                      I have 25 people booked so far and expecting 15 more to book.  I have started to purchase some things for the wedding and reception.  I ordered hand fans for people to use during the ceremony and will have one placed on each chair.  I have disposable camera's with a wedding/beach them on them for each of the guest tables and I am doing a beach bag with goodies for the wedding party and shot glass favors for guests.

                       

                      I do have a few questions if anyone can answer.

                       

                      I wanted to put some decoration or wrap the chair in something, roughly the same colour or shade as my bridesmaid's dresses.  Does the resort have that type of thing, or do I need to bring it??

                       

                      I am also wondering what to do about my hair...I know I will have to get it done there, but I have no idea what the hairdressers can do.  Is it worth going through a trial run here at home and taking a lot of pics or just going and hoping for the best when I get there.

                       

                      Any help or suggestions would be wonderful....

                       

                      Thanks Ladies!!

                       

                      Happy planning

                      Hello And congrats fellow November bride!!

                       

                      I think the resort offers chair sashes but only in a few colors...I think your best bet would be to buy some and bring them with you...Try www.weddinglinensdirect.com/. They have every color and are very reasonable aka CHEAP!

                       

                      I would also start looking online for some hair inspiration pics top bring with you...I was told that the salons/ spas on the resort are pretty goood if you are specific to what you want...They work better with Pics, so if you show them what you want they can mirror/match it...I think that would be your best option...It makes it easier if they can see what you want rather than having hair trial and ERRORS....

                       

                      Good Luck!


                      **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users