Sign in to follow this  
KPEG

Using 2 chair sashes and table runner?

Our colours are blue and green. I am visualizing half overlapped table runners (one blue and one green) and two sashes on the chairs (one blue, one green). Organza is pretty light so I'm hoping this won't look terrible. What are your opinions of using both green and blue organza chair sashes and table runners? Will it look "busy" or too thick?

Please help! Thanks!!

Do you have an inspiration pic you could share?

I don't think it would necessarily look bad, but it might be tricky to keep them over lapped where you want them. You might have to sew them together.

As for the two chair sashes are you going to overlap them?

Most organza is pretty sheer so you might end up with more of a teal shade, KWIM?

Definitely think you'll end up with a teal shade on the chairs. What about doing every other chair?

And for the table runners, how about a widder blue one with a green on top? Perhaps just fold the edges of the green under to make it skinnier?

I would also suggest just doing every other chair if you really want to use both colors. Other than ending up with a teal color, you may run into some extra expense using 2 sashes per chair.

Another suggestion is to use one color in the sash, and use the other color as an accent in your centerpieces or table decor.

I think the chairs in the picture are great :), you would most likely have to use satin (which of course will cost more) or something that is not see through to create the effect in the picture and if you are trying to be budget conscious maybe only do the chairs in the rows that your family is sitting in and the head table at the reception with the double sashes to create a special feel for them :).

I do think the runners will look great layered like that, but you dont have to necessary use them both for all the chairs, mixing it up will look great as well :)

I love that look. What a great idea! I think sticking to chairs only would be sufficient but you could always test it out before the wedding to see how it looks!