• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#131 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:07 AM

Dont worry Jill, I have taken 2 weeks off to help my toe recover from the ligament injury, I am still undecided if I will run next week or not.

We all just need to stick together to finish this thing out! LOL

#132 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

So I did week 5 day 3 this morning....It was hard! run for 20 mins straight! which for a runner is nothing but for me...wow I think I am going to be sore after that, it was so not easy!

#133 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

So does anyone notice any major weight losses? I've been bad about committing to this once I found out how hard it was, but think I might be more motivated if it gave good results.

#134 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

Holy crapper Andi- that sounds hard!

#135 KristinaM

KristinaM
          • VIP Member
          • 3,082 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
          • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

Congrats for getting through that Andi!!! You're doing awesome!

I wonder that too Carly-- though I think the scale number is a hard thing to go by because if many of us starting out are not in shape at all.. then you're building muscle as you do it. And we all know what they say-- muscle weights more than fat! Hmph.

Anyways.. lazy bum here.. I still have pain in my right shin and my left knee. Haven't done anything since Sunday... I've got an early friday today though so I think I will do a week 2 run again and see how I feel. And do some pushup, crunches, and sqauts too!

#136 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,490 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by carly
            So does anyone notice any major weight losses? I've been bad about committing to this once I found out how hard it was, but think I might be more motivated if it gave good results.
            I hate the scale so i try to stay off it. I gauge myself based on how my clothes fit and how i generally feel. I am feeling better and also feeling better in my clothes! After my wedding I gained at least 10 lbs so now I feel like I am just about back to what I was for the wedding (or at least that is what I am telling myself)
            Holy crapper Andi- that sounds hard!
            yes it was...but now that i did it, i want to go do it again! i might be getting addicted to running, yuck that is gross! hahaha

#137 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

Actually, that's not gross at all! That's what I want to happen to me! I want to get addicted to it, but I don't see that happening.

However, since you are feeling better in your clothes and in general, I'm going to use you (and everyone else who is doing this!) as an inspiration b/c I need something to motivate me!

#138 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

Andi you are doing awesome!!! That is great I find running clears my head so it is very easy to get addicted to it. I agree I do not go by the scale it is my enemy but I judge by how my clothes fit. You would be amazed the muscles that are effected by running.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#139 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Andi
                  So I did week 5 day 3 this morning....It was hard! run for 20 mins straight! which for a runner is nothing but for me...wow I think I am going to be sore after that, it was so not easy!
                  Holy crap Andi, 20 minutes! You're doing awesome! You know what's funny, I have the program hanging on my bulletin board and just now realized that there are 3 columns, lol! I think up until week 5 basically all 3 workouts are the same, I'm glad you mentioned that!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carly
                  I haven't noticed major weight losses but I have been losing every week, which is good for me. So as long as I keep losing I'll be happy. I really love running and I can't wait until I have built myself up to being able to run the whole time. It makes me feel so much better and gets rid of a lot of my built up stress!

I finally started week 4 today, I did it after an hour long strength training class, my legs were like jelly! I think I'm going to continue with week 4 all through next week because I couldn't finish the second 5 minute block, I made it through about 2 1/2 minutes of it and had to power walk until the end.

I

#140 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
                  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

Good Job Ladies! You all should be so proud of yourselves!!!!

I started my own running journey with the Couch to 5k. It was so exciting running that first 5k. Than I moved on to a 4miler race. Than a 10k. And finally a half marathon! I did that in a 9 month period. This program works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users