Not so Newbie- Bermuda

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 splashsurf

• 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

Hi My name is Stacy and I was married in a destination wedding at Grotto Bay in Bermuda 5 years ago!
    When I was planning my wedding in 2004-2005 there weren't sites like this at all. Many times I felt like I was going at it totally alone- this site seems great! I actually joined last May just before our good friends got married at the RIU in Ochos Rios- my husband and I talked them into a destination wedding:) Actually we try to talk everyone into a destination wedding!
    When I was planning my wedding- quite a few friends said to me - you're going to look back and regret you didn't have a "real wedding." Even though our wedding was VERY eventful (it almost didn't happen because our ship to Bermuda broke down) when I look back I am so happy we went with a destination wedding! Our photos are beautiful and the 27 guests that went with us still talk about our wedding whenever we're together.
    My husband and I are going back to Bermuda this year to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary and I found this site again looking for romantic things to do in Bermuda.
    So, I guess I'm saying hello and CONGRATS- you won't regret a destination wedding!!! If you have questions about Bermuda or Ochos Rios-I'm an open book:)

#2 TLC4Rock

• 473 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

Congrats on your 5 years! Post pictures and ideas you used, I'm sure many will love to hear.

#3 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:17 PM

Welcome to this great forum, Congratulations on your 5 years!!

#4 blckrevpower

• 572 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

hi and welcome
        congrats on the five years!
        do you mind sharing some pics of your wedding?
        "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#5 mmshaughness

• 155 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

Hello and welcome! It is nice to hear from someone who chose a destination wedding and does not regret it. I am so excited to get married on the beach with those who matter most surrounding us, but sometimes it's tough to hear the comments of family who does not want to make the trip. Congrats on your 5 years!

#6 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary, and welcome to the forum!
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#7 Bermudabound

• 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

That is great!  My financee and I are looking at Grotto Bay as a place to stay for us and our guests. We are getting married at The Reefs.  My biggest stress right now is the time of year.  We have booked at the very end of April and people told me that it might be cold the average is around 72-74 degrees.  I am thinking about moving the date to mid May.  When did you go? 

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
              • 3,070 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Congrats all Bermuda brides (& grooms)! hope all your plans turn out exceptionally well for your big day! enjoy the process and wonderful times ahead......cheers!

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                    100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users