Photo

anybody been to Wicky's restaurant....going to put down deposit =/

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ldc23

ldc23
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:11 AM

I haven't read much about Wicky's restaurant /beach club and was wondering if anyone has an idea of what a ceremony on their beach and reception would be like So far the reviews are good, but has anyone had their wedding here or been to one?

Can't get down there before I put a deposit down for a wedding in October...please help!

#2 trishab83

trishab83
    • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:36 AM

I will be visiting Wicky's as a possible wedding venue in a couple of weeks. I will make certain to take lots of pictures and send them your direction!
      Trisha

#3 trishab83

trishab83
      • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:36 AM

P.S. I've heard nothing but good things about their food, service, etc. Head on over to Playa del Carmen info and use the search tool for information about Wicky's.
        Trisha

#4 ldc23

ldc23
        • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

that would be great!!! i think i've read every review on the net...everything sounds great, just need real life advice!

I might just take the plunge....i'm sure everything will turn out just fine.

#5 YrishCathe

YrishCathe
          • 31 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

Hi guys, I too am considering Wicky's. I want a place where we can party until we want and not limited on time. I was originally looking at Kool Beach Club. Where did you guys read reviews? Please send pictures over to me as well. I want to plan a visit there but don't know when I'll be able to or if I will.
            Idc23-- I sent you a private message. We're neighbors! I'm in Sacramento! When is your wedding? Mine's Oct.10,2010!
            Look forward to 1st hand reviews!!!
            Mrs.2Be

#6 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
            • 320 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

Hi ladies, I am also looking at this location. Mine wouldn't be until May 2011. Looking forward to hearing about the site visit!

#7 sosayi

sosayi
              • 16 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

Hi! I was *just* down in Playa this weekend! Our resort coordinator had suggested Wicky's for a rehearsal dinner option, and so I walked by and took a *few* pictures! If anyone wants me to send them to them, let me know!
                It was really gorgeous, but the fiance and I wanted more of a "mexican fiesta" feel for the rehearsal dinner, so we decided not to investigate any further. But! I do have a few pics from outside!

#8 Riri09

Riri09
                • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

I'm heading to Mexico next month and plan on checking Wicky's out. I'm also going to look at Kool so I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

#9 YrishCathe

YrishCathe
                  • 31 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sosayi
                    Hi! I was *just* down in Playa this weekend! Our resort coordinator had suggested Wicky's for a rehearsal dinner option, and so I walked by and took a *few* pictures! If anyone wants me to send them to them, let me know!
                    It was really gorgeous, but the fiance and I wanted more of a "mexican fiesta" feel for the rehearsal dinner, so we decided not to investigate any further. But! I do have a few pics from outside!
                    I would love for you to send me some pics!! Please email them to me at ycarellano@gmail.com!! What do you think of the restaurant for a beach reception? Is the beach large enough, nice soft sand? PRivate? Is the place nice? I'd really appreciate this! Thanks so much!
                    Mrs.2Be

#10 Riri09

Riri09
                    • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

Hey everyone! Linda from Wicky's emailed me some pictures of the food/ceremony space available. Granted, these are picture they've taken so I'm sure they paint it in the most favorable light, but it still gives you the general idea. It looks really pretty.

I can't figure out how to attach them but if you would like to them just email me at sgharanfoli@gmail.com and I'll email you the pics/docs she sent me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users