Photo

NYC Brides, marriage license issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fotini

Fotini
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

So I dont know it anyone else need this, But since we are getting married in greece we need two things from the city, a filled out marriage license and a "certificate Non-impediment"- which was a slight pain in the butt to get...

I figured that since we could these 2 forms from the same office we could get them done in 1 day.. but NOoooo. when we got there the lady said we have to do one or the other that day..so we decided to do the non-impediment... so now we have to waste another day/morning going down to city hall!

Well this Certificate needed to be notarized in a second building 4 blocks away.. THEN we needed to get an Apostille, In 3rd building 7 blocks back in the other direction. Thankfully we got there early and there werent that many lines, other than security check points....Now i just have to get all these things translated!!!!

Sorry for the long post, and again i dont know if this helps anyone else....but i beleive if anyone gets married in Europe they need both of these forms

-Fo

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

What a pain in the ass! I hate the courts the people working there are so difficult! And everything always has to be so darn complicated. If you would have told me I would have gone with you and your FI and you could have walked in the court with me b/c I have an attorney security pass and I would have said that you were my client. Also, I am a notary and I would have notarized it for you right then and there.

I'm sorry you had to go through so much paperwork sounds like a huge annoyance! But it will all be worth it in the end when you are married to FI!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users