Flowers???

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 susyq0909

susyq0909
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

Hi Ladies,
    Please help me decide what type of flowers to use. My colors are ivory, brown and blue. Bridesmaid dresses are Beige and brown. I can't decide on type of flowers nor colors. Please advice any ideas.

Church ceremony with out door reception at beach resort.

Thanks
    Susan

#2 SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride
    • Banned
    • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Susan I would use tropical flower they look nice on and color

#3 BrideMichele

BrideMichele
      • 247 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:51 PM

Bright orange flowers photograph well - and would go well with the brown in your wedding theme.

#4 bnbrmy

bnbrmy
        • 218 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:31 PM

Our colors are deep champagne (a tan or taupe shade) and black. We are having Callas I am getting black and a sprayed champagne calla for bridesmaiiiid.flower girl. and for myself I am having flame and peach callas.

#5 jplovesme

jplovesme
          • 385 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

Bright flowers would add some pop to your decor (especially for photos), but if you have blue as your theme, it's tough to find blue. Hydrangeas are some of the few blue flowers (and you'd have to check with the resort or coordinator to see if it's available where you are getting married). You can't go wrong with white or cream flowers... YOu can always add color with your linens or paper decor. or use blue or brown ribbon for the centerpiece vases. There is a thread here with blue flowers as the subject...

#6 jplovesme

jplovesme
            • 385 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

I just found the thread (it was bugging me cuz I knew I posted in it). Hope this link works. Someone posted a whole list of flowers for blue

http://bestdestinati....flowers-54218/

#7 susyq0909

susyq0909
              • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

Thanks ladies this really helps me.

#8 Sealed with Spice

Sealed with Spice
                • 25 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

Lots of great options to look at!

If you want something more natural and crisp, you could go with green flowers - anything from tuberoses to Irish Bells!

If you want a pop, orange/corals would be beautiful as it goes well with blue, brown and ivory! (Circus roses would be particularly lovely!)

You know, we are designing a new invitation for our collection in a light blue, ivory and green - it is absolutely stunning! We're going to be gifting a set of them in return for feedback starting at the end of July (in our second gift-a-way!). If you are interested, check out our blog post below - sounds like it would go really well with your wedding!

#9 LissaSB

LissaSB
                  • 9 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

I would say definitely go for yellow or orange. It will bring out the blue and go really well with your neutral tones...
                    plus, those are the colour flowers I'm going for. Guess I'm biased.

#10 mexicanlily

mexicanlily
                    • 56 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

HI Susiq, my colors were blue and ivory. For our centerpieces we went with some really simple flowers, but for my bouquet, I wanted something really special, but also something that looked a bit more natural.

You can see a picture here!
                      flowers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users