Photo

Fire Ants

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

Does anyone have issues with these buggers?

In the last two days, I've gotten bites on:
    1. My ass
    2. The back of my head
    3. My boob!!

Do you know how hard it is to creatively come up with a way to scratch your boob during a 3 hour class so you don't look like Pervy McSkeeze??

#2 marak

marak
    • 58 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

I'd think itching your ass would be a harder hide! Ewww dingleberry.

No personal experience, thankfully. I lived in GA for 2 years and FL for 4, so I know all about the little buggers and have seen their conglomerate opperate. Not perty.

I think I was spoiled by the soft NE grass. Never wanted to step on it when I moved down south; all prickly and thick. Think I avoided the reds that way. Go figure being a grass snob would help a sister out.

#3 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
      • 914 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:09 AM

We have some of those nasty buggers around our summer cottage. We found that using OFF! cans and spraying around the border of windows and doors kept them out. I'm not sure if what you're dealing with is the same kind, but it might be an option for you!

#4 aimee!

aimee!
        • 696 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

hmm, during my TTD shoot I got bit by some little black ants, about 10 bites. I'm not sure what exactly they were, but my arm was swolen immediately which turned to blisters the next day, then scabs!! Now they're coming off (about a week later) and I have white spots all over my arm! YUCK!

Sadly this experience did not give me any knowledge on how to deal with itchy bug bites, because my arm looks like hell.

Don't pick or scratch- you'll end up like me. lol! :)
          Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#5 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
          • 376 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:56 PM

Oooh, thanks for the advice! Never thought about using OFF. We have pets, so I hate using Raid. OFF might be a better option!

Aimee, that sounds like fire ant bites. They suck SO bad! Geez, I feel so sorry for you!!

#6 aimee!

aimee!
            • 696 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by AnnaBanana
              Oooh, thanks for the advice! Never thought about using OFF. We have pets, so I hate using Raid. OFF might be a better option!

Aimee, that sounds like fire ant bites. They suck SO bad! Geez, I feel so sorry for you!!
              EEK! & you have one on your butt? You poor thing!!!
              Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#7 autjo

autjo
              • 2,182 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

I hate those little suckers! I grew up in New Braunfels and during the rainy seasons they were sooooo bad. Aloe helps with the itching. Maybe you should try the pen scratch... ya know... lean over your hands on the desk and give it a good scratch with a pen. Just make sure the cap is on so you don't end up with marks all over your boob!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users