Do I need an outside coordinator?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 jak27

• 715 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:00 PM

JL, first off, my FI & tried to make "site visits" a one-year profession. I swear, we could have spent a year looking for wedding locations! We went to Santa Fe, Vegas, Anguilla (loved it!), Cabo, and the Virgin Islands...so I envy you!

My thought is this: wait, and see how responsive the on-site WC are. If they give you concerns, or you think you'll need help, go for it. If you need somone local to help with pre-stuff (invitations, OOT bags, flowers, etc), then there's always locals to help with that stuff. But the day-of is such a big deal, so feel it out and go with your gut. If only the WC answer your questions b/c you haven't signed a contract, you might need someone!

#12 PVBride

• 443 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

Oh, I am so jealous that you are going to PV!! We are trying to save up some extra money for a site visit, but it doesn't look too promising.

About the WC - It wouldn't hurt to meet an outside coordinator just to get some additional information. Plus, if you do decide on an outside WC, it may be the only chance you have to meet her in person.

#13 michelle turner

michelle turner
      • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:04 AM

An outside coordinator is not necessary. I have photographed weddings at Dreams with both, and it goes smoothly either way. Usually your photographer will keep things running if your wc is MIA, but the coordinators at Dreams are good (if not overly attentive).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users