Playa del Carmen Beach Restoration

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
  • Vendor
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:05 AM

I couldnt believe my eyes last night when I laid my eyes on this massive operation...but it appears the Mexican govt dropped serious BANK rolls on a a project to give playa back its beaches that the last series of hurricanes have taken away.

It is discussed and photos added here in this local Playa del Carmen forum thread....

WOW....if it stays like this, there will be some brides, especially those in Playacar Fase 1 and 2 getting a serious serious face lift with 60+ feet of beach added. This is major.

Here is a youtube video of this: YouTube - Playa del Carmen Beach Reclamation - 01-17-10

And read about the locals and other travelers posting pics and chatting it up here. Playa/Playacar Beach Restoration - Playa del Carmen, Mexico forum

As much as I want to be optimistic, I think mother takes what she wants...and I fear, in no time, this beach will be by by.

BUT FOR NOW, yeay :)

sorry i don't have any of my own photos to post... I just noticed it last night on my bike ride.

#2 becks1581

becks1581
    • 477 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

This is really interesting and thanks for the great info. It looks like a tremendous undertaking! Please keep us updated if you hear anything else re: the project....I wonder what the time line is?

#3 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
      • 5,078 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:36 PM

wow, thanks for the info...i hope this will be done by the summer!!

#4 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
        • 3,347 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Thanks Matt!!! You are awesome!

How did it look further down at the Royal?! Our wedding is there in June, I hopes its done by then! :) I hope all their work pays off! Looks like its going great!
          ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#5 Houserhead

Houserhead
          • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

we are honeymooning at the Royal right there in Playa. I am excited that there should be some new beach to fry on!

#6 poohshek

poohshek
            • 1,456 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

Wow, just saw the video and that's a major project. I hope it will be completed ASAP and not impacting any future weddings that have been planned along that beach.

Thanks for the heads up Matt!

#7 aliceo

aliceo
              • 47 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

Wow! that looks great! are they going north too? Or just south of PDC?

#8 finleys7

finleys7
                • 703 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

Matt, Thanks for posting this...so far the beaches that are done look stunning and wide and inviting. They work so unbelievably fast down there.

The link you privded has A LOT of info and good pictures. It's simply amazing.
                  Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
                  Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#9 jdrewett

jdrewett
                  • 171 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:11 AM

Thanks for posting! I'm interested in hearing about the timeline and how this will affect the beaches during the renovation.
                    -Jessica

#10 jdrewett

jdrewett
                    • 171 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for posting! I'm interested in hearing about the timeline and how this will affect the beaches during the renovation.
                      -Jessica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users