Help... need advice on documentation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kris

kris
  • 506 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:12 PM

Hey

I am getting married in ROR on Feb.3/2010 (2 weeks from now!!!!) Anyways about a month ago I emailed Chandlyn asking her if I needed to send any documents to her and she replied notarized copies of id and birthcertificate 30 days prior!!! This information was given to me 35 days prior!! We found lawyer who is a friend of my fi's boss and she did it for free for us and I mailed them out that day to the address Chandlyn gave me. I emailed her last week to see if she had received them yet and she replied to me today with a no! Its the 18th!! Im starting to get a little nervous. I never emailed a copy first because I didn't think that was an option so my question to you guys is what do I do Should I go pay to get them notarized again and scan her a copy and bring the originals with me or can I just send her a regular copy of my documents (not notarized) and if the original ones dont show up bring a new set with me or is it already way to late and Im screwed...I think this is officially my bridezilla moment..hahaha

Sorry for the long rambling post and thanks in advance :)

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

If it were me, to be on the safe side, I would pay to have them notarized again & then scan/email a copy to Chandlyn & still take the original notarized documents with you.
      I don't ever remember showing her the notarized copies when I arrived but you can take them anyway, just in case.

#3 kris

kris
      • 506 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

Ya thats what Im thinking, I tried to get ahold of a lawyer today and am just waiting for his call back. Do you think it will be a problem getting my certificate because its not 30 days in advance, instead its 16 ?

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

No, that shouldn't be a problem. Just let her know whats going on in that you mailed it but it hasn't arrived so you're going to email her the documents ASAP.
          I'm sure you're not the only bride who's gotten stuff to her after the 30 day deadline. In fact I think I mailed my documents 2 weeks before we arrived & we didn't have a problem, not that thats something I'd recommend! LOL

#5 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
          • 248 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

I think it says on the website that you have to have all that info in 30 days prior but I read on here somewhere that a women actually mailed it and she did not get it so she took it with her and handed it to her then.

#6 kris

kris
            • 506 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:35 AM

Thanks so much for responding. You guys made me feel so much better , I was so stressed out about this today

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users