Photo

How much time to you give your vendors to respond?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Positanobride10

Positanobride10
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hi. I contacted an interpreter in which I will need to get married in Italy in May. We negotiated the contract and then she took forever, over a month, to email me said contract. Now I have other questions and have emailed her a few times. She answered one question but not another one and it involves a payment.

At any rate, I am reluctant to sign the contract if I am going to get this kind of service. I last emailed her on 04 January and then again on 12 January because I did not receive a response. Now its 16 January and I still haven't heard a peep. Should I seek another interpreter?

I am trying to be patient because its about 3.5 months from my wedding date and I am getting anxious about getting married abroad. But on the other hand, this is a service I am paying for and I am the customer.

Anyway, should I get a new interpreter and tell this one its not going to work out?

#2 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
    • 1,257 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

For simple questions I think 48 business hours is sufficient time to respond. At a minimum I would expect a response acknowledging my contact. I would encourage you to let the vendor know you are losing confidence d/t poor response.

#3 NaM

NaM
      • 2,256 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:17 PM

It may just be bad business but it almost may just be an Italian thing...different culture, different attitudes towards time. Not bashing Italians (I love them!) but I think this is common in a lot of Mediterranean places.
        Best advice I can give is be direct about your request and trying calling instead of emailing?
        Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users