Photo

Hurricane worries

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 JennandMike08

JennandMike08
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

Oh good God, I don't know WHY I didn't think of hurricane season. I suppose thats why there were so many openings in September!!! My STDs are being printed as we speak sp no turning back now. I just so hope we don't get hit with bad weather!

#12 asbarret

asbarret
    • 217 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

im getting married in october...its just a risk im willing to take for the low prices and low census resorts.

#13 KGraham27

KGraham27
      • 155 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

It's definitely a gamble but stay positive. It should be ok.

#14 soulmatekate

soulmatekate
        • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:23 PM

The thing is worrying about airport delays and if the dirt roads get washed out.

#15 wendyjd

wendyjd
          • 968 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:13 AM

Its the weather and no way to predict it, just be prepared. I'm planning Oct wedding and will come up with a contingency plan closer to the date.

#16 donutdjn

donutdjn
            • 419 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

im booked for July and keeping everything crossed. In the UK many brides organise summer weddings but end up with rain and cloudy skys, im hoping that even if it rains or even does get hit by a hurricane i will at least get to take some decent pictures on another day of my holiday.

#17 Notlongnow

Notlongnow
              • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:36 AM

I am marrying in October and everyone always questions me about the time of year that i have booked. I dont know how bad the hurricanes would be and how often they happen. Fingers crossed that everything will work out ok. At the end of the day, we cant control the weather so if its booked already there really is no point stressing and worrying yourself over it. Even though i probably will in the next few weeks when i start checking out the current forecast lol

#18 snow88

snow88
                • 181 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by JennandMike08 

Oh good God, I don't know WHY I didn't think of hurricane season. I suppose thats why there were so many openings in September!!! My STDs are being printed as we speak sp no turning back now. I just so hope we don't get hit with bad weather!

September is one of the busiest hurricane months but it is also back to school so September is always a slow month in the Caribbean but I think it's like that every where.  I go to Disney a lot and I notice they have specials in September too.

#19 snow88

snow88
                  • 181 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

I would like to add that in the Caribbean most airlines and resorts have hurricane Guarantee plans.  Ask the hotel about it.

#20 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
                    • 173 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

My advice is try not to worry. If it happens it happens, the hotel will have back up plans im sure x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users