OMG...I totally feel for you. We used them and experienced a couple of the same things you did. We are now married and so happy to be done with them. Oddly enough - they are quick to send a follow-up email to see how your wedding went and asking for photos. All these months of nagging, lack of response, inaccuracies and then they have the nerve to send a followup email asking for photos?????
The main thing I want to tell you is that once you are on the plane - they will be the furthest thing from your mind. You will have amazing service at your resort and at your wedding. Our hotel showed us amazing hospitality, were very attentive and made sure that anything we wanted got done. This includes reservations that were often impossible to get. Good luck!
Originally Posted by CubaBride
If I can give any advice or warning about planning your destination wedding it is this...... DON"T USE THE WEDDING HOLIDAY!!!
I starting using them in May of 2010, its now 5 days before we leave. I am not usually a stressed person but right now I am at the end of my rope.
The Wedding Holiday will promise you lots of things and not follow thru, they will blame other people for the things that go wrong, they will tell you all along that everything is under control and not to worry, when you try to plan things ahead of time they will tell you not too, PLEASE if you are using them double & triple check everything.
Here is a small list of things they did not do, forgot to do, blamed on someone else,
- Telling me they took care of reserving Valentines day for us when they didn't ( I found out from the resort when I emailed them to ask a few questions )
So I found out 3 weeks before our wedding that we can't be married on our dream day on the beach!!! Had we known this we would have picked another resort.
- The WH seems to think that we should just "pick another day it doesn't matter" Them telling me to change our dream does not make us happy
- That being said we tried to change resort, Can't. Have just the ceremony at another resort, Can't. Cancel the whole thing, CAN"T ( they have all our
money & all our family & friends money )
- Over billing my family & friends credit cards
- Taking over 2 months to refund them for what they were owed back and every time I called about it they said they were doing it and that they were
- Not listening when I was very clear that certain people were sharing rooms, so these people wouldn't have to pay singles supplements, since they
did not listen or write it down these people were over billed.
- We paid for first class with the airline that was suppose to fly us and that airline sold the flight to another one that DOES NOT have first class,
I found this out when I called the airline to question about my dressing on the plane. So the $450 we paid for that has still not been refunded to me
from the WH. The airline informed me that the WH should have told me this, BIG shocker they did not!!
- Certain family members never recieved their tickets, when I called they responded with " the email bounced back" I asked why didn't you call
them to see what was going on? I got no answer to that.
- I had to consatntly call & call & call..... They hardly ever return calls and when they do its days later.
There are many more things that have went wrong. My advice use someone else. The Wedding Holiday will promise you that they will arrange everything, take care of everything, make this stress free for you. How is not returning calls, not doing your job, wrecking our dream day, Doing EVERYTHING for you? If I could go back in time I would use someone else, make sure I double checked everything.
Make sure where ever you plan to go that you email or talk to the resort directly yourself, I was told not too. Look how that's turned out.
I am frustrated that We leave in 5 days and they have not emailed me the new tickets for the new airline, informed me that we can't fly first class that we paided for, have not refunded me my money for that, they have jerked my family & friends around everytime they called, NOT followed thru with their promises, Basically they did not do their job!!
TO ALL THOSE BRIDES PLANNING THEIR DREAM DESTINATION WEDDINGS RIGHT NOW...........
MAKE SURE YOU TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING YOURSELF!!!