Newbie on the way to Vegas

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ivylegacy2000

ivylegacy2000
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

Hi All!

I am new to the forum. I just got engaged on Christmas Day '09. I have been daydreaming about a Vegas wedding for a while now so I am excited to get to the planning stage. I have done some digging and figured out that you can have an elegant and classy wedding in Las Vegas.

I am from Texas so instead of everyone traveling to Philadelphia I thought that it would be much more fun and excitment in Vegas.

So far I am looking at Joe's or Maggiano's for a Friday night welcome dinner. For the ceremony the Wynn, Bellagio and MGM Grand. I was thinking of an in-suite reception so that everyone would not have to travel far for the reception, but I like the restauraunt idea as well. I am guesstimating about 30guests (approx. 100 invitations going out).

Thanks for all of your informative posts. I have picked up tons in the last few days and I look forward to learning more.

#2 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
    • 286 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hi! Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I'm not far from you - in Delaware! I went to a wedding in Vegas a few years ago - my FI's brother. They did it at the MGM Grand chapel and had dinner at CraftSteak in the same hotel. The wedding was actually very nice and we had a few fun days wandering around Vegas.

Have fun planning!

#3 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
      • 286 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

Oops - Double Post

#4 debbmach

debbmach
        • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
          http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#5 baj

baj
          • 1,555 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

congrat's & welcome to the forum

#6 ivylegacy2000

ivylegacy2000
            • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

Thanks everyone!

@ juliepfeif - Cool! I actually work in Wilmington. =)

#7 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
              • 286 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

No way! I work in Wilmington too - over on the Riverfront by the baseball field.

#8 meseh

meseh
                • 194 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:14 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ivylegacy2000
                  Hi All!

I am new to the forum. I just got engaged on Christmas Day '09. I have been daydreaming about a Vegas wedding for a while now so I am excited to get to the planning stage. I have done some digging and figured out that you can have an elegant and classy wedding in Las Vegas.

I am from Texas so instead of everyone traveling to Philadelphia I thought that it would be much more fun and excitment in Vegas.

So far I am looking at Joe's or Maggiano's for a Friday night welcome dinner. For the ceremony the Wynn, Bellagio and MGM Grand. I was thinking of an in-suite reception so that everyone would not have to travel far for the reception, but I like the restauraunt idea as well. I am guesstimating about 30guests (approx. 100 invitations going out).

Thanks for all of your informative posts. I have picked up tons in the last few days and I look forward to learning more.
                  congrads and welcome to the forum. I too think that vegas would be an exciting place to get married. I have looked into Ceasars Palace in the Venus or Juno gardens, I am thinking of having a reception at the espnzone. Happy planning and keep me informed.

#9 march132010

march132010
                  • 1,057 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

Congrats and welcome GOTTA *heart* VEGAS

#10 ivylegacy2000

ivylegacy2000
                    • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by meseh
                      congrads and welcome to the forum. I too think that vegas would be an exciting place to get married. I have looked into Ceasars Palace in the Venus or Juno gardens, I am thinking of having a reception at the espnzone. Happy planning and keep me informed.
                      Cool! I was looking at the ESPN Zone for the Friday night welcome dinner. Let me know what you find out. I have yet to call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users