Sign in to follow this  
ivylegacy2000

Newbie on the way to Vegas

Hi All!

I am new to the forum. I just got engaged on Christmas Day '09. I have been daydreaming about a Vegas wedding for a while now so I am excited to get to the planning stage. I have done some digging and figured out that you can have an elegant and classy wedding in Las Vegas.

I am from Texas so instead of everyone traveling to Philadelphia I thought that it would be much more fun and excitment in Vegas.

So far I am looking at Joe's or Maggiano's for a Friday night welcome dinner. For the ceremony the Wynn, Bellagio and MGM Grand. I was thinking of an in-suite reception so that everyone would not have to travel far for the reception, but I like the restauraunt idea as well. I am guesstimating about 30guests (approx. 100 invitations going out).

Thanks for all of your informative posts. I have picked up tons in the last few days and I look forward to learning more.

Hi! Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I'm not far from you - in Delaware! I went to a wedding in Vegas a few years ago - my FI's brother. They did it at the MGM Grand chapel and had dinner at CraftSteak in the same hotel. The wedding was actually very nice and we had a few fun days wandering around Vegas.

Have fun planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivylegacy2000 View Post
Hi All!

I am new to the forum. I just got engaged on Christmas Day '09. I have been daydreaming about a Vegas wedding for a while now so I am excited to get to the planning stage. I have done some digging and figured out that you can have an elegant and classy wedding in Las Vegas.

I am from Texas so instead of everyone traveling to Philadelphia I thought that it would be much more fun and excitment in Vegas.

So far I am looking at Joe's or Maggiano's for a Friday night welcome dinner. For the ceremony the Wynn, Bellagio and MGM Grand. I was thinking of an in-suite reception so that everyone would not have to travel far for the reception, but I like the restauraunt idea as well. I am guesstimating about 30guests (approx. 100 invitations going out).

Thanks for all of your informative posts. I have picked up tons in the last few days and I look forward to learning more.
congrads and welcome to the forum. I too think that vegas would be an exciting place to get married. I have looked into Ceasars Palace in the Venus or Juno gardens, I am thinking of having a reception at the espnzone. Happy planning and keep me informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meseh View Post
congrads and welcome to the forum. I too think that vegas would be an exciting place to get married. I have looked into Ceasars Palace in the Venus or Juno gardens, I am thinking of having a reception at the espnzone. Happy planning and keep me informed.
Cool! I was looking at the ESPN Zone for the Friday night welcome dinner. Let me know what you find out. I have yet to call.