Newfie wedding at the Riu Bachata

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kibblesbenett

• 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hi all, I'm Darryl and am getting married at the Riu Bachata in Puerto Plata, DR on March 16th/10.

I'm hoping some can answer some questions and provide some help.

Everything is booked and what not. We have approx 45 people going and I have some questions regarding supper and after supper.

First of all, I think I was told that with this large of a group, we'd have a private dinner. I guess my question is what about after supper? Is there anywhere that you can book for a reception/dance? I guess I'd rather not have my wedding guests leave after supper and disappear to another location because we have nowhere to go.

What have people done in the past? Suggestions?

We are also having a lot of trouble trying to reach someone at the resort. We've tried each and every email address available for wedding coordinators without any luck. We haven't been able to get a response at all.

Another question is in regards to our documents that we have had translated. One site suggests that we must mail this before we arrive, and another states it has to be brought with us? Can anyone verify this info for us? I find it hard to believe that we'd have to email them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

Hi Darryl,
    Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#3 baj

• 1,555 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

hi, congrat's & welcome to the forum, I am sure someone will be able to answer your questions regarding this resort, have you tried looking in the the review section for previous brides married there.

#4 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

From a fellow newfie.... welcome and congrats

#5 SuperKate

• 752 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

Darryl, congrats and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find all the info here you need. Good luck planning.

#6 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

we have been on holiday there 3yrs ago you will have a great time

#7 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
            • 2,171 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! It's great to have you join us!
              =) Robyn

#8 ~Katie~

• 1,225 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:26 AM

Hi Darryl,

welcome to the site! I hope you get through to somebody at your resort eventually - these things all work out in the end!

congrats on your wedding and happy planning :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users