San Miguel de Allende

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 marak

• 58 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:30 AM

Any insight would be helpful. I love this location, just the idea of putting it all together on a reasonable budget when flights alone are 700+. I think our friends and family might disown us for cost AND lack of beach (completely failing to realize the taste and culture aspect!). But really, location shock and sticker shock...ugh, I can here to hoo-ha now.

This city looks beautiful. Has anyone done a wedding here? Planning one? Completely unrealistic or possible...

#2 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
    • Vendor
    • 278 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

I love San Miguel de Allende too! the weddings I have photographed there have been so amazing. The place has so much charm, ambience and romance as well as a wealth of local musical talent, wonderful, wonderful flowers, fantastic food, and a million varieties of tequila. It is my impression that it is a perfect place to have a memorable wedding without a huge budget. Of course each group is different and maybe if your friends and family members are beach people there may be no getting around it... but I really think the guests at the weddings I have photographed there have seemed to be over the moon thrilled by their experience in San Miguel de Allende. (I did mention the tequila, right?)

Just in case it is helpful here is a link to the blog posts from some
      San Miguel de Allende weddings I have shot.
      Best wishes! Elizabeth

#3 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

San Miguel looks amazing! We really wanted to have our wedding there but as you said the location is more expensive for people to get to.

It is so beautiful though - good luck!!

#4 Chica & Octi

Chica & Octi
        • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

Hi Marak,

I didn't have my wedding there but I have been there and it is absolutely beautiful.
          Convincing people to come might be tough but once they got there i'm sure they would love it!

Good luck with your plans.

#5 marak

• 58 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

Thanks all. Where there's a will, there's a way...and I think I have a plan, heheheheeeee

#6 Daniel Aguilar

Daniel Aguilar
            • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

You won't regret getting married in San Miguel, is one of the most beautiful places in Mexico!

#7 Sealed with Spice

Sealed with Spice
              • 25 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

I lived near San Miguel de Allende for a few years when I first moved to Mexico, and the city is spectacular. I think you need to balance the advantages/disadvantages of hosting your wedding at this location: you may, for example, end up having less guests attend BUT costs would go down! :) You may not be supplying a beach, BUT guests would experience an amazing part of Mexico that they may otherwise not get to visit! San Miguel would allow you to have a "Real Mexico" wedding - and while there isn't the parasailing and dolphin-swimming, there is culture, culture, culture that you would never find in a beach town!

Not sure what your wedding date is, but if you haven't picked out invitations yet, you may qualify for our invite gifting! Check it out at our blog below!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users