Photo

BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 8

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#561 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

1 set of 3 planks for 30 seconds every night before bed? it helps your core.

#562 Tifany

Tifany
    • 248 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cindy*
      Manders, if you haven't done hot yoga before, it is hard the first time. However, it is great. When I used to do it, I definitely noticed a difference in my body. Unfortunately for me, I eventually stopped going because its an 1 1/2 class and takes me 1/2 an hour going there and another going home so I just didn't have the time to commit to it. But definitely makes a difference in your body and your flexibility. Just be prepared to sweat a lot!!!! Have fun.
      It is definitely a challenge but great. I found I was really good with hydrating myself when I did it.

So I ran a race on Saturday, just 4 miles, and I am SO SORE. Oh well, now I've got the running bug back!

#563 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hello All,

I'm a newbie here but I would love to join BL. Is it too late for me. Please let me know.

Thanks.
        http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
        ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#564 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
        • 888 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

Oooh, I haven't done Bikram in ages! Just remember to bring a towel, because otherwise you'll slip on all of the pools of sweat on your mat. And don't wear anything that you would be uncomfortable wearing soaking wet (such as a white t-shirt with a bright pink bra!). And bring water. I would even recommend freezing your water bottle before hand, because it'll stay cooler longer.

#565 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
          • 888 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tifany
            So I ran a race on Saturday, just 4 miles, and I am SO SORE. Oh well, now I've got the running bug back!
            I love it when you ladies are like "It's only a mile" or "just 4 miles" when you talk about your running achievements. Next thing I know, I'll be hearing "Oh, I only did a half marathon today." Haha.

GREAT JOB Tifany! 4 miles is a lot to be proud of. :-)

#566 Tifany

Tifany
            • 248 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sapphire723
              GREAT JOB Tifany! 4 miles is a lot to be proud of. :-)
              Thank you! I feel every foot of those 4 miles. :)

I used to be a total anti-runner and then got into it one year and did 3 half marathons by the end of that year. And note that I was 30lbs heavier than I was now. I swear you can do anything if you put your mind to it! :)

#567 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
              • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

I am working towards a 10K in May, I hope it goes well!!

Tennyt1, unfortunately it is too late BUT!! Once this one is done, I will see about getting another one started up about a month afterward or so... depending on interest. So stay tuned for Biggest Loser 9!
                Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#568 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                • 2,528 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:53 AM

Weigh In Day ladies!!! :)

#569 Tifany

Tifany
                  • 248 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

Just sent! My scale photos are soooo difficult to read. I should have turned on another light!

I ran 2 miles this morning and might do a little after I finish up some chores tonight after work. (My bff is coming in this weekend and I want some sort of a respectable abode!)

#570 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                    • 2,528 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:49 AM

I got your pic, Tiff! It is hard to read, but I could see your scale, no worries! :)

Keep 'em coming ladies!

On another note, I am about to break through my plateau! I was down 1.5 this week, and if I keep it up I will break the weight plateau I have had since before Christmas... which would be AWESOME :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users