Tathum
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

Wow... I'm in shock!!

#22 alkoch

alkoch
    • 515 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

I read about it on TMZ this morning and hoping it was a bad rumor. I can't believe it I wonder what happened. I was reading that last year 911 was called for her husband - he was having heart attack type symptoms but it was supposedly asthma. Crazy.

#23 tiffandmarv

tiffandmarv
      • 361 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:14 AM

Very shocking news...RIP Brittany!!
        http://tickers.Ticke....95d6/event.png

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#24 islandbride317

islandbride317
        • 1,866 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:48 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Erika J
          OMG, this is shocking! You would have to think that drugs are invovled. WOW! So many young actors die, said!
          I know....what a terrible shame! And speaking of drugs, I just read the following in an article on MSN.com:
          ----------------------
          Selena Barrows, an investigator with the L.A. Cornoner's Office said, "cardiac arrest could mean any number of things, and was not an indication of the cause of death."

However, Murphy's suspected excessive use of drugs had been the subject of widespread speculation, and was even the subject of a parody sketch on a recent "Saturday Night Live" Weekend Update.

-----------------------

So, I hadn't heard anything about her using drugs?!? Is this news out of left field to anyone else?

But, I'd have to say, cardiac arrest resulting in death for someone at the young age of 32 (without prior heart conditions) is very unlikely when NOT related to drugs, which brings me to.....
          -------------------
          With relation to a possible heart condition, I just read on The Wrap.com:

Wrap columnist Michael Adams recalled that Murphy told him in 2001 about a heart condition.

"it was in an interview about 'Sidewalks Of New York' but I asked her about other projects and she mentioned 'Spun,'" he wrote in an email on Sunday. "I asked her - as a joke - if she'd taken meth for research and she laughed and said even if she wanted to she couldn't take drugs because she'd had a heart condition since she was a little girl."
          --------------------------

Either way, rest in Peace, Brittany. You were a great talent and will be missed.

#25 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
          • 4,512 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

So sad..... I can't say I'm shocked, only because nothing shocks me anymore, but that's horrible news. I like her work, she was just so different and likeable to me.
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#26 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:13 AM

I hadn't heard of her drug use either. But if she did have a heart condition that is a possibility. So sad.

#27 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:32 PM

Oh, I have heard or her "partying" a lot, A lot of E and coke and she loved to dance all night at clubs, esp techno type stuff.

#28 autjo

autjo
                • 2,182 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:08 PM

So sad. I reallly liked her work. Kinda like she was more real than most actors.

#29 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

Wow, this poor family... now her husband has passed from what they think is a heart attack

Brittany Murphy's Husband Found Dead - E! Online
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#30 JanineA

JanineA
                    • 2,482 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:03 PM

I just read this online this morning. He was found dead of natural causes in his home Sunday. Wow! Five months after she passes he passes. So sad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users