Sign in to follow this  
hat0112

A Bridesmaid Question

Ok until I saw that this is not a DW then I would say I totally agree with "TheFutureMrs.Sears" It is customary to cover your cost of your plate and your guests plate. So usually at a wedding my gift is between $250-$300. The role of a BM/MOH comes with these costs. Sorry I know its a bummer sometimes but in the end the bride will be thankful! and Im sure she is very grateful right now!

I ended up giving the couple $100. I think that was fair. I understand being a BM is expensive and you end up spending a lot of money but maybe if we were close then it might have been more.

You should not feel obligated to give, and the bride should not expect to get!

My bridesmaids have put out mucho bucks as well (i did not pay for dress, or hotel or airfair) but i am planning on giving them a really nice gift, as well as some beauty salon time! And, i do not expect any sort of gift from them, they have done so much already!

I agree with the ladies, personally I wouldn't give anything and as a bride I wouldn't expect anything. That's a lot of money that you have already put out for this wedding. But it also rests on what you can afford. If you can afford to give a monetary gift in addition to what you have already spent, then go right ahead, however, if you cannot, then I really wouldn't worry about it. I am sure that they will understand.

I agree with everyone. I wouldn't expect anything, especially since you've done so much already!