Jump to content

Photo

Bahamas Brides---HELLO!!


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 classadiva

classadiva
  • Member
  • 685 posts

    Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:46 PM

    Hi ladies,

    I know that you are out there...let's liven this forum up!! LOL How is it going?!! I know that one Bahamian bride is getting married next month. Do we have any new Bahamas brides? If so...when and where are you getting married and how is the planning going?

    Any recent brides that had weddings in the Bahamas? Would love to hear how it went.

    BTW...the last issue of Martha Stewart's Destination Wedding Mag had a bride that was married at the Cloisters in the Bahamas and whom had their reception at the One and Only Ocean Club...just lovely!!

    #2 classadiva

    classadiva
    • Member
    • 685 posts

      Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

      Oh this is sad...REAL Sad!!! LOL

      #3 Puzzled-Bride

      Puzzled-Bride
      • Newbie
      • 18 posts

        Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:29 PM

        Sorry for not responding soonier, I am getting married in Bahamas in Feb, very small affair myself, FI and 4 other couples, i am actually still working on most of the details. Our biggest headache so far is trying to convince everyone to stay at the same hotel, but really its not that big a deal! I see your going to be a Atlantis bride, what an awesome choice!! it is just beautiful there with tons to do.

        #4 classadiva

        classadiva
        • Member
        • 685 posts

          Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:04 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Puzzled-Bride
          Sorry for not responding soonier, I am getting married in Bahamas in Feb, very small affair myself, FI and 4 other couples, i am actually still working on most of the details. Our biggest headache so far is trying to convince everyone to stay at the same hotel, but really its not that big a deal! I see your going to be a Atlantis bride, what an awesome choice!! it is just beautiful there with tons to do.
          Hi and congrats!!! February is a great time to get married in the Bahamas. I like the idea of having just a few people witness your wedding...very intimate. I love the Bahamas and as you have said...there is so much to do there. I wish you all the best and if I can be of any help...I've done a bit of research and am a frequent visitor to the Bahamas...let me know....and thanks for responding!!

          #5 Puzzled-Bride

          Puzzled-Bride
          • Newbie
          • 18 posts

            Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

            Have you had any luck with flowers or videographer? We love the Bahamas, we got engaged there, so we thought it was only fitting to get married there as well. Up until the last two years we had been traveling there every year. It seems to be the only place that we go where FI actually relaxes. i can't believe we are the only two getting married there!!

            #6 classadiva

            classadiva
            • Member
            • 685 posts

              Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:36 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Puzzled-Bride
              Have you had any luck with flowers or videographer? We love the Bahamas, we got engaged there, so we thought it was only fitting to get married there as well. Up until the last two years we had been traveling there every year. It seems to be the only place that we go where FI actually relaxes. i can't believe we are the only two getting married there!!

              LOL..No there are at least two more Bahamas brides on the forum that I know of I think that because this board is so dead, unless you happen to catch it and see from the Home page that there is a new post....many don't come in here that often. Hopefully they will take a peek soon.

              As for the flowers...I am making some headway. It looks like I may use Floral Arts. However I think I am pretty certain that I am going to use Real Touch Flowers for myself and my Bridal party to cut down on costs. Some people in my family are not okay with this...but....I need to save a few dollars where I can and spend them where IMHO...it matters most. To that end, I am having an arbor on the beach free of flowers and with only chiffon drapping. I am also foregoing flowers on the aisle seats and using ribbon. I guess you can say that I am using Floral Arts mainly for decoration and some flower arrangements. I am however having Floral Arts get me fresh flowers for my reception centerpieces. When my mother finds out she may hit the roof...but hey!!! LOL She feels like this...why spend all this money only to have fake flowers at your wedding?

              As for the videographer...no headway at all. I may just have to go with having the ceremony video-taped and not the reception.

              #7 creoletexan

              creoletexan
              • Jr. Member
              • 220 posts

                Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

                Hello Ladies!

                I didn't know people were posting in the Bahamas thread again! YEA!!! As far as flowers, I am getting Real Touch flowers for the Bridesmaid Bouquets, the Bouts, and the corsages. I haven't looked into a videographer, though I guess I should. They have one through the resort, but I don't know how good they are. I guess I can ask my photog who he recommends I dunno. We will most likely have a small group so I'm not having a private reception, just having dinner in a semi-private area of a restaurant .. either Poop Deck or at the resort... haven't decided yet..lol I've never been to the Bahamas, so everything I know is from google or BDW.. lol!

                #8 classadiva

                classadiva
                • Member
                • 685 posts

                  Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:05 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by creoletexan
                  Hello Ladies!

                  I didn't know people were posting in the Bahamas thread again! YEA!!! As far as flowers, I am getting Real Touch flowers for the Bridesmaid Bouquets, the Bouts, and the corsages. I haven't looked into a videographer, though I guess I should. They have one through the resort, but I don't know how good they are. I guess I can ask my photog who he recommends I dunno. We will most likely have a small group so I'm not having a private reception, just having dinner in a semi-private area of a restaurant .. either Poop Deck or at the resort... haven't decided yet..lol I've never been to the Bahamas, so everything I know is from google or BDW.. lol!
                  Yeah!! You made it back!! LOL It's so odd to me that so few brides get married in the Bahamas...I guess there just are not enough choices. As for the videographers, I was given this site as a recommendation:

                  Phoenix Productions - Nassau, The Bahamas


                  The prices are more than I want to pay really so I am still looking.

                  The Poop Deck has great food so you can't go wrong with them. I was looking into doing my Welcome Dinner there for a while...well at the one in Sandport...which I have never been to.

                  #9 creoletexan

                  creoletexan
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 220 posts

                    Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

                    I agree, I thought more would be getting married in the Bahamas too! I went to the Phoenix Productions website and I couldn't find their pricing, but I know the resort also offers videography, but it may be cheaper just to buy my brother a camera and let him go at it. Yea, I'm excited about the Poop Deck, I've heard so many good things about it, though, I would just need to arrange transportation for my guests. Have you decided when you are sending out invitations?

                    #10 classadiva

                    classadiva
                    • Member
                    • 685 posts

                      Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:40 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by creoletexan
                      I agree, I thought more would be getting married in the Bahamas too! I went to the Phoenix Productions website and I couldn't find their pricing, but I know the resort also offers videography, but it may be cheaper just to buy my brother a camera and let him go at it. Yea, I'm excited about the Poop Deck, I've heard so many good things about it, though, I would just need to arrange transportation for my guests. Have you decided when you are sending out invitations?
                      I think the idea to have your brother do it is a GOOD one!! I'm going down in January for a site visit so I plan to ask around to see if any of the locals know anyone whom would videotape my wedding for a much cheaper price.

                      I did some research re: transportation if you need some vendor info...just let me know.

                      As for the invites...I think I will send them out at the very start of March and give an RSVP date at the end of May. What about you?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users