Fake Flowers?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bride2b10

• 320 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

So I haven't started researching flowers whatsoever, but I notice that a lot of people have DIY flowers or order them from various websites, etc. I didn't realize that some flowers may not be fresh so I was just wondering what the reason/benefits are of doing this. I realize that you get to keep it and it won't wilt in the heat but anything else?

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

My decision to do real touch flowers wasn't really based on the flowers being fresh, but on the prices of the bouquets/floral packages at my resort. I found them to be quite pricey for what I really wanted. The cost of real flowers for 1 day, didn't equal the package that I was able to get for my real touch flowers & thats what sealed the deal for me. Plus the fact that I was able to bring them home & have them forever was another big advantage.

#3 bahiabride2010

• 997 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

I chose Real Touch Bouquets and Bouts from Plumerias Wedding Boutique because I wanted the colours to be just right and I also like the idea that the girls will be able to keep them after the wedding. I'm also incorperating the bouquets into our centrepieces so it's actually saving me a little money! I guess the one thing with real flowers is depending on the season and where you're wedding is they might not be the right colours or very costly. For 5 bridesmaids bouquets, mine, 9 bouts, and three wrist corsages we're spending around $500! It's a personal choice but there are some beautiful options for real touch out there! HAPPY PLANNING!

#4 amandacarlson

• 9 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:53 AM

Now that I read this I am also starting to think about Real Touch Bouquets.. etc But I would break the heart of my future father-in-law . He is so much into real flowers .. oh god i hope the flowers wont be too expensive in mexico where we are getting married but its good to know that you were so happy with your choices , I will consider it too. Thanks for sharing your valuable experiences. I guess he kind of likes the look and smell of real flowers if they are really pretty ones and the wedding day it is such a special day

the profile

#5 barcelo1162010

• 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

How do you get the flowers to the DW without smashing, etc? Or are they pretty durable?

#6 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by barcelo1162010
              How do you get the flowers to the DW without smashing, etc? Or are they pretty durable?
              I put them in a separate carry on bag & took that on the plane with me. The bag was pretty deep & wide but still the regulation carry on size. They were already wrapped up in a lot of tissue paper so that helped keep them from getting too smashed.

#7 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:42 AM

I found the prices at the resort to be very expensive for one and second reason I made my won flowers was I just wanted that detail taken care of and no suprizes on my wedding day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users