Sign in to follow this  
lisa_k

Tulum 2010 Brides Post Here!

Hi Everyone,

This forum has been awesome for me in my wedding planning so far, but I haven't been able to find a thread on here that is just for Tulum brides. I'd love to hear from you, if you're out there!

We are getting married at Ana y Jose Beach Club on Feb 27. We decided to do a Welcome Party at Playa Azul (which has a great bar/restaurant on the beach) and Rehearsal Dinner at Ana y Jose Hotel.

The FI and I just went to Tulum for a site visit 2 weeks ago and I got a hair trial done by Nora (she was great!) and we did tastings at the Beach Club of our dinner choices and also of our wedding cupcakes, which are through Dolcet bakery.

I'd love to hear what vendors others are using, your event locations, and hotels where your guests are staying. Any other Tulum brides?

I am a May 2010 Tulum bride.

My FI and I will be married at Milamores. We will have a symbolic wedding performed by Charlie. We are renting Milamores for the entire wedding weekend and our guests will stay at Milamores.

Our photogragher is Pierre, dj is Doremixx and WC is Malisa Evans.

Our florist is Marvin Ku Kinil out of Cancun. Vanessa Jaimes farms out some of her work to him and he's a fraction of her price.

My FI and I will leave on a second scouting trip this week. We will meet Julieta for our cake tasting and I am having a hair trial with Doranna.

Marie

Marvin, my florist, set himself APART from other florists I met in Mexico. He made samples for me at his studio. His prices are some of the best around. I could not believe other florists quoted me $2,000 minimum order. .::: Maya Diseño Floral Profesional :::. Flores y Plantas Exóticas

Pierre, my photographer, took my FI and I to a beach to shoot photos of us. This took place after we interviewed him. He sent us the pictures that night.

Pierre Visual Studio - Wedding Photography- Mayan Riviera- Playa del Carmen - Home - Wedding Photographer

You found some great vendors! I love the florist website. It looks like you got alot done during your site visit. Good luck on your next visit!

Are you doing a rehearsal dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyldy View Post
I am getting married at dreams tulum I love the look at ana and jose but the cost was too much
Congrats! Do you go through the hotel for all of your vendors (flowers, DJ, etc.)?

I heard that Ocho was closed down by the authorities. I think we have just 1 guest staying there for our wedding, so I don't think it'll be a huge deal for us, but may be for others. I have a friend that was supposed to be staying there in January and they returned her money to her and she booked a new hotel.

Anyone heard any updates?

I'm also getting married at Dreams Tulum. I'm getting one of their packages, which includes everything, however, I am bringing my own photographer, as pictures are one thing I am not willing to compromise on! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycamore Tree View Post
Marvin, my florist, set himself APART from other florists I met in Mexico. He made samples for me at his studio. His prices are some of the best around. I could not believe other florists quoted me $2,000 minimum order. .::: Maya Diseño Floral Profesional :::. Flores y Plantas Exóticas

Pierre, my photographer, took my FI and I to a beach to shoot photos of us. This took place after we interviewed him. He sent us the pictures that night.
Pierre Visual Studio - Wedding Photography- Mayan Riviera- Playa del Carmen - Home - Wedding Photographer

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! For the info about your florist! We are getting married at Dreams Tulum and I feel that they aren't going to have the "look" that I am wanting as far as flowers are concerned. So hearing that the cost is less than others is PERFECT!! Thanks again and Congrats!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista.baird View Post
I'm also getting married at Dreams Tulum. I'm getting one of their packages, which includes everything, however, I am bringing my own photographer, as pictures are one thing I am not willing to compromise on! :)
I am getting the Ultimate Package as well! :)
And bringing our photographer from home, as I agree completely with the fact that compromising on the pics is not even an option!!

Congrats to you fellow Dreams Tulum bride!! :)