Photo

Bridal Party HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

i have three brothers and we are all very close. I really want them to be up there next to me during the ceremony (not as ushers)

FI has 5 Groomsmen + BM (his dad)

do i add my brothers to the groomsmen list - making it 8 groomsmen + BM
    This was our original plan until i realized that we will have an 18 person BRIDAL PARTY!!!

i could always just have my brothers as bridesmen and have them stand on my side with my MOH, and my two SIL. But is that going to look crazy with all those guys up there and would they all just walk down by themselves??

so much for a small intimate wedding in a chapel on the beach. I have now moved to 18 attendants in a cathedral!!!!

let me know your thoughts!
    "Formerly goNDmay9"
    "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
    http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#2 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
    • 333 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

Do what you feel is right. If you want them in it have them in it. You could even have 2 guys walk with 1 girl? I dont know if that would work or not, but If you really want them in it I think you should!
      ~Christina~

#3 damaris

damaris
      • 462 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

I have 3 brothers also and an 11 year old son. My problem was not with my brothers as they are all GM, but with my son. So I decided to have my son walk down the aisle with his mom, as a symbol of our families becoming one. I say that to say, tradition is what you make it. Have them stand next to you in the alter as they have done in life.
        65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#4 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
        • 168 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

It is official! They are all groomsmen! I was nervous about having so many girls together - all of my bm have VERY strong personalities so i am a tad nervous that some might clash. Not to mention the possible hurt feelings, etc for the people that i did not ask.

But so far i am psyched about my choice! all my BM have totally stepped up and are helping out a ton. and i did not even think i needed anything!

everyone has been making me nervous saying how stressful it is to have bm's - but so far (6 days and counting) it has totally been awesome!
          "Formerly goNDmay9"
          "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
          http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#5 trobin01

trobin01
          • 203 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:50 AM

Great choice. Why should the people who stand up with you have to be the same gender? What matters is who you want to surround yourself with on your big day. My brother is going to be a master/man of honour and I can't think of a better choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users